Any good Fajita recipes?

Options
rawrkeia
rawrkeia Posts: 75 Member
I promised my boyfriend I'd make him some of my homemade fajitas.
Well, I never measure anything and kinda just cook.

I was hoping for maybe a good healthy recipe to use, just to keep him at bay till I can actually make mine.

Please note: I'm in college, so cheap is better with me. :) Please post calories if you can.

Replies

• AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't come across one yet, so i'm going to keep an eye on this thread!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    beef or chicken?
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Easiest recipe ever... season some cooked chicken with salt and pepper, slice up some onions, pepper, and mushrooms, then heat it all through with a packet or dry italian dressing mix. It sounds so weird but it's SO good and SO freaking cheap!
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    i use mccormick fajita seasoning for beef fajitas. marinate skirt steak with that overnight. grill it...throw it on some home made tortillas, top with cheese, pico de gallo and gauc and good to go.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Grilled is awesome, but if no grill, in a pan with a little oil and saute it with onion and green pepper. Add a little salt and crushed pepper and viola! Get an avocado, slice it and mash it into a paste, add a little salt. If you want to be creative, add diced cilantro and squeeze a little lemon into it. Serve the fajita and guacamole in a tortilla (wheat one if you like).
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    for chicken i like to saute it with red and green peppers and onion, use some paul prudhommes fajita magic, make some guacamole, home made tortillas and good to go
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I awlays add cumin and lemon when I am grilling the chicken. Peppers, onion, cheese, salsa, lettuce and tomatos. It is a fairly cheap and healthy meal!
  • wendibartel
    Options
    There was a reciepe I tried from a recent post regarding crock pots and I feel in love. If you put it on a tortilla it would be similar to Fajitas.

It was called spicy pepper steak (infact there is some cooking at home as I type this). Found on the blog below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/313512-crockpot-recipes-calories
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    BUMP
  • rawrkeia
    rawrkeia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I prefer chicken to steak, but that's just me.

Please post any and all. Looks like more than just me wants them. :)
  • rottenangelplays
    Options
    4 oz portion of beef tip steak or round steak ( 170 calories)
    1/4 of a red bell pepper (20 caories)
    1/4 of a yellow bell pepper (20 calories)
    1/8 of a white onion (13 calories)

1 tspn of mrs dash (0 calories)

mission corn tortillas ( 4 tortilas are 160 calories and 20 mg of sodium)

4 oz cut into small strips is enough for two people. this recipe is for two

+ 13
    383 calories divided by 2 is 191 calories each for two fajitas. And if u make a cup of brown rice and split it is another 75 calories each

266 calories a person gives you two fajitas and a half cup of brown rice. this whole meal is less than $15.00

This way is very tasty..very healthy and low insodium, fat and carbs. Its a great tasting way to eat and still lose weight!!!
  • rottenangelplays
    Options
    You can also use this same recipe with a 4 oz portion of chicken. 4 oz has 110 calories so it would be 55 calories each:smile:
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1cup white wine (dry)
    3 tbs butter
    2tbs low sodium soy sauce
    1 tbs garlic powder (not garlic salt)
    1/2 tbs ground black pepper
    2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts , pound thin
    1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
    1 orange bell pepper, julienned
    1 large onion, thinly sliced

Combine the wine butter, soy sauce, garlic and pepper in a small sauce pan over medium heat until butter is melted. Place the chicken in a gallon ziplock bag and pour marinade in, seal bag removing as much air as possible. Marinate one hour. Heat grill or grill pan until hot. Add chicken to pan, in batches if using a grill pan, and cook about 3-4 minutes per side (165 degrees is proper temp for chicken). Discard marinade. Remove chicken to a platter,cover with foil and let rest. Add peppers and onion to pan and sauté until caramelized. Slice chicken into thin strips and serve with your favorite toppings.
  • rottenangelplays
    Options
    my recipes seem to be working I have lost 19 pounds in 3 weeks!!:happy:
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is my all time favorite - super easy - no fail fajita recipe. Best when used with a real grill, but your foreman or a saute pan will suffice.

You will need:
    Chicken breasts
    1-2 Limes*
    3-6 cloves of garlic*
    EVOO
    Tabasco
    Salt & Pepper
    (the limes and garlic depends on how much chicken you're using)

What you need to do:
    Dice up the garlic, the more the merrier! In a small bowl mix the garlic with the juice of one-two limes, about 3-4 tblspn's of EVOO and a few dashes of Tabasco. I beat the chicken breasts a bit in a plastic freezer bag before sprinkling with salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper, then place chicken back in the bag and pour the liquid garlic mix over it. Let it chill out in the fridge for at least 30 mins (longer if you can) so all that yummy garlic lime marinade can work its magic.

Once it's had time to hang out, I throw em on the grill! Cook em up, then let them sit for 5 mins before cutting into strips and BAM! Instant chicken fajita deliciousness.

I usually make an extra bowl marinade for my onions and bell peppers, too - same thing as with the chicken, just let the veggies soak up the marinade in the freezer bag for a bit before getting out the non stick skillet and sauting them up to your preference!

This recipe is also superb with shrimp, yummm!!

Enjoy :)