Dinner time-the worst meal of the day...

Options
Bean615
Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
Hii i am 25 years old and live with my grandmother. I work until 5pm and then i head to the gym afterwards, and then head home to eat dinner. I truly fear dinner time bc i always binge eat! my grandmother is a tiny little italian lady who has no concept of health and nutrition.when i dont eat her food and choose healthier options its an insult to her or she calls me "anorexic". haha. it is so hard to eat healthy at dinner time when the whole family is sitting eating the food you want! help me! any suggestions? someone mentioned to me that a shake after my workout might help me out. i don't know what kind of shake to get though.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    get the one that is odwalla protien yum!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Have a snack in the late afternoon so you're not so hungry when you get home. It could help to curb your binging.
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    lol, my grandma is Russian and when I don't eat her cooking she says "u too skinny, eat eat." bla bla bla.... Try and eat something with high protein high fiber before dinner, that usually helps me.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I make my own dinner, regardless if they had already cooked food for everyone else. Sure, it might piss 'em off, but I like hearing the bullsht that comes from their mouths as I watch them shovel an easy 1200 calories into their bodies. Then again, I'm an *kitten*, so I don't really have guilt.

Or do as suggested, have a post-recovery meal then when you go home, you won't have to eat as much, if anything.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    i know im late but u should eat small portions of the food. that way u dont hurt her feelings and u still get to eat what tastes good to u