only 30 lbs to lose?

Options
dont get me wrong...i feel so blessed to only have 30 lbs to lose! so i'm not meaning to complain about that... however, are there anyy success stories about 25-50 lb weight losses? maybe some pics? anything?? ... u know, i've lost a total of 10 lbs and still have 23-25 more to go... i'm not dropping pants sizes. i'm sure i'm toning up but it is just so slow when theres not as much to lose and its a little discouraging to not see a difference --- words of encouragement? pics? i just need a little motivation!

Replies

• Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump! I feel the same way!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i've lost 40lbs.. about 10 more to go, or maybe just 5 (depending on what my body looks like). the last few are the hardest, don't get discouraged!
  • sgiacherio
    Options
    Add me as a friend and you'll be able to see all my pics during different stages of weight loss. Mine was all baby weight (and ice cream!) but I've dropped a total of 30 lbs from last Aug to today. Good luck!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    its sometimes a slow process. I am now just hitting the 30 pounds lost mark..It took me from April till now. I think its persistance..and before you know it..the fat melts..Keep at it..log everything...
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey it can be achieved. I've been able to do it. Everybody is different so you really can't' compare to others because there are many variable factors. I say stay focused, consistent, drink plenty of water and try to eat better. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Thnx!! I have 25lbs that I want to lose. I decided to break it up into bits to make myself feel better...I'm doing 10lbs at a time on my ticker. Lol. We are going to do this. Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh and I also don't set my goals to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain holiday/date because if that were me I would be dissapointed if I didn't meet that goal by that time frame. So I just look forward to losing the next 5 lbs or so.
  • camckinney
    camckinney Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose a total of 40-45 lbs. I've been on here for a little over 85 days working at it. Thanks to the Lord and His strength, I have lost 20lbs. I actually got my first NSV today and my clothes that I could barely breath in fit or fit loosely. Excited to lose the rest. You can do it, just keep working at it and don't give up. You may have to adjust things and try different things to see what works. This is a journey for me so I'm working on finding what I need to do to be healthy and will make me happy.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37.5 pounds so far, and I wanted to lose a total of 65 so I have like 27 pounds left to go.. you can definitely do it! It's hard at first, but it definitely gets easier!
  • jenny8902
    jenny8902 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. It's frusterating cause I'm trying so hard and it's a slow process. There are times where I feel like I don't care at all cause I'm not entirely unhappy with my body...and I hear the same comments from people trying to be nice, that I look good and they wish they were my size. It makes me feel comfortable and like I don't need to lose the weight. But then there are times when I want to be in shape and I know I can feel better and healthier and I don't want to give up. This site seems to really be helping me to stay on track and there are so many inpirational people on here.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i WAS at -32 lbs, but then I gained a bit back...my success story below shows the 30 lb loss. However, its not all about the scale. I weigh 159 this morning and thats exactly what i weighed in Jan 1 BUT my body fat has gone from 34% to 26%...maybe you need to look at more parameters than just weight.
  • cranmuffin
    cranmuffin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight at the beginning of the year (late January) and by Memorial Day I lost 25 pounds. All I did was stick to a 1200 calorie/day diet. I didn't really worry too much about what I was eating as long as I stayed in the calorie range. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because when I started I didn't really believe I was going to be able to do it. Right now I eat about 1400-1600 calories/day and would like to lose about another 5 or 10 pounds, but I'm happy to be able to maintain my current weight loss. I don't worry about enjoying the things I want every now and then (usually on the weekends) and I try to make up for it with a little Zumba for cardio occasionally.

It can be done. Good luck to you.
  • morgaj8
    morgaj8 Posts: 34
    Options
    Bump! I feel your pain. Last year I worked out constantly tried to eat right for months & I felt like never saw any change with my body or weight change. So I have been off and on with MFP. even when I wasnt tracking I tried to watch what I ate. I have 25 lbs to lose & seriously need encouragement/ pointers to help me reach my goal. Thanks
  • MelanieOnTheRun
    Options
    i have the same weight loss goals =)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8'' 1/2 - Starting weight 186...

14265_529312129031_194000187_31253333_1792413_n.jpg

Here is me at 170ish ( In the Very Middle )

33441_1602183527164_1013368889_1711912_2398739_n.jpg

aannddd 160ish ( Far Left )

76562_1634450173810_1013368889_1773777_6582453_n.jpg

154 ;)

jenna-1.jpg

AND 150!

NewImage-1.jpg

NewImage.jpg
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...and i'm trying to pay attention to things like body fat percentage... i actually just put my scale up this morning..i put it all the way up in the top back of my closet so that i have to bring in a chair from the kitchen to get it LOL i am going to weight the 1st of every month and do my measurements (including body fat percentage) every 2 weeks... i KNOW that no matter what the scale says i'm doing whats right for my body-- so i hope that putting the scale away and relying on my measurements and how i'm feelings will end up giving me the encouragement i need
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I don't have pictures yet, but I'm 5'1" started at 150 and trying to get to 115 (about 35lbs). I've lost about 16ish and just hit the top of the scale for a healthy BMI this morning. I haven't been this weight in over 18months (possibly 2 years!) and the pants I've bought since that time are baggy (pretty darn baggy) but still able to be worn. But my work pants and jeans I haven't worn in 2 years really now fit with a bit of room in them.

I slowly noticed the line I had across my stomach when i sat down (from stomach pudge) was slowly less noticeable and if i tighten my abs I can now see the definition.

I haven't been able to work out in 2 weeks at this point from injury so I'm stuck just counting calories for now so my muscle definition and toned look is slowly leaving from not working the muscles. When I go to the gym again I'll post pictures. haha
  • LMR76
    LMR76 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 26 lbs...so far, i have lost 6.6

My plan is to get to this is break it down into 5% increments but I didn't give myself a time frame to achieve because I knew I would be disappointed if I didn't meet the definative timeframe (although in the back of my head, i would be so excited to reach my goal by the end of October when i turn 35)...I did attach rewards (non-food related) to each 5% increment to keep my motivated though

I am almost to my first 5% loss (1 pound away) so I am now trying to decide on a reward...I think the best reward would be when my husband is visiting over Labor Day (we will have not seen each other in 4 weeks) and says "have you lost some weight"...he doesn't know I am trying to lose weight and it would be glorious for him to recognize it w/o me having to tell him but although the scale shows the loss, I personally can't see it in the mirror or feel it in my cloths so i am not expecting him to recognize it either.
  • misslauren88
    misslauren88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. This weight range is really difficult to lose. I'm trying to lose 55, I've been here for almost 2 months and have only lost 5. I've changed my eating habits drastically and upped my daily exersize by about as much as I can. I stopped buying bus passes so that I would be forced to walk and ride my bike everywhere. I don't know what more I could do. I've had a few lazy days, but so what, lots of people have lazy days and wind up losing weight just fine. I don't have enough money to join a gym or a class, so I just do what I can for free.

It's hard, but we'll get there. We're all very lucky to have such great support systems to help us along the way.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have about 30 to lose and I feel like its not happening as fast as others. Guess we shouldn't complain but according to my doctor I'm obese so I should be concerned and I do want to be healthy. You're not alone! Good Luck!