Hurricane Etiquette?

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
For my Northern friends. Here are some Hurricane etiquette that will probably save your life from a Floridian who have survived many a Cat 3-5 so that makes me an EXPERT:
1. Her name is Ms. Irene. Calling her out of her name may get you blown away.
2. This is not the best time to take surfing lessons at the beach, or anywhere for that matter.
3. This is also not a good time to go Kite surfing.
4. If you live in a mobile home, you may just want to consider moving it to higher ground---too late now!!! Just leave it.
5. The train sound you hear is not the 5:30 arrival, it is a tornado coming.
6. If Grandpa refuses to leave his beachfront property on the outer islands, it is legal to tase his azz and drag him to safety.
7. Videotaping while standing on a bridge is a good idea...only if you want a record of how you died.
8. It is OK to steal your neighbors generator, but make sure you remove the serial number before you invite him over for the after Hurricane party.
9. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT stock up on a month's worth of supplies from the Piggly Wiggly, Finast, or Publix. This is a plot by the government to get you to stimulate the economy.
10. If you are all at your neighbors house to ride out the storm, It is acceptable to hit on your neighbor's spouse. OK, this may get you shot, but you may get blown away for calling Ms. Irene a ***** anyway, so go for it.

Please feel free to add tips to help my Hurricane rookies out...
E.

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    we have our generator ready to go !!!!!!!! everything is ready but the trip to get more beer !! that is a must. Huge Hurricane party !!!!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Do stock up on your favorite beverage of choice. Since you may lose water service, I suggest Vodka, it looks just like water and no one will know. Just keep the little ones out of it!
  • moprincess76
    Options
    ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO too funny
  • iAMaPhoenix
    Options
    we have our generator ready to go !!!!!!!! everything is ready but the trip to get more beer !! that is a must. Huge Hurricane party !!!!
    Do stock up on your favorite beverage of choice. Since you may lose water service, I suggest Vodka, it looks just like water and no one will know. Just keep the little ones out of it!

I agree with both of these. But this is a must for all occasions and I know Lori was stocked already...lol.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    ok so im not much more "northern" than you and i think my area will be in the clear now, but i LOVE this

especially #6...reminds me of the time my stubborn grandma refused to get off the porch during a tornado years ago...she wanted to watch. As nicely as i could, i replied "Dont make me tase you, cause you are TOO fat to carry!!!!"

but seriously...best. hurricane. tips. EVER.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I love #6. Funny how some of the old timers just don't want to evacuate to safer ground (some younger folks too, but .....). This made me laugh. :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Thank you so much for the tips! LOL!!! I just sit up here and laugh at the people going out and stocking up for a year. THe worst we ever had up here was a nasty ice storm where we were out of power for 3 days. It's going to be chaos at the stores from now till it's over! Some are still reeling from our "earthquake in CT"!! I just can't wait to see what gets blown where during the storm!
  • XiaoRuRu
    XiaoRuRu Posts: 83
    Options
    While I am amused at the hilarious tips, this one is more serious from someone who witnessed Katrina, Rita, and Ike:

DO NOT leave your pets behind! They are dependents on you. Like children. If for some horrible reason you must leave them behind:

DO NOT leave them tied up to something! They will absolutely drown and it will be all your fault.

These are lives. Furry lives that love you and won't understand if you abandon them and they may not survive if you do.

Ok, off my soapbox. Sorry for the rant. I just saw so many dead animals after Katrina because they'd been left tied up the backyard. It made me sick inside.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    lol well I'm an expert as well.. and i was hoping this would have been funnier than it was. lame. the eye of hurricane charley in 04 went over my neighborhood. :)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    Options
    lol well I'm an expert as well.. and i was hoping this would have been funnier than it was. lame. the eye of hurricane charley in 04 went over my neighborhood. :)
    Well, come up with some funnier ones then. Charley was a picnic compared to being in the eye of Mr. Hugo while stationed at CAFB in 1989. BTW, I also witnessed Charley, Frances, and jeanne and all three combined was not nearly as devastating as Hugo.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Funny! :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Drink beer, water can be contaminated.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Already stocked up on candles and water, made sure the puppies have enough food. Now just to get some vodka...
  • CaliGurl84
    Options
    Love it! My sister just moved to Flordia not to long ago- I will definitely pass this onto her as she preps for stormy weather! Thx!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I want to go to the grocery store just to see the panic looks on everyone's faces, and then their questionable looks when I purchase only 1 stick of butter.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    No Piggly Wiggly, Finast, or Publix up North.
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I want to go to the grocery store just to see the panic looks on everyone's faces, and then their questionable looks when I purchase only 1 stick of butter.

Why are you buying butter?? LOL
  • iAMaPhoenix
    Options
    No Piggly Wiggly, Finast, or Publix up North.
    I live in Florida Sweetie...Everything is North.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Why are you buying butter?? LOL

Just cause :tongue: