Booze... Suggestions

13»

Replies

• apparently anything without sugar is good. The key is too track your calories. I love wine, so I am struggling with that myself.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    It was actually DIET Mountain Dew. No calories.

Malibu is great with everything (or nothing)

When will they start offering more no cal mixers at the bar?!
  • I like the skinny girl margaritas, but really, just factor in the calories of what you're going to drink. Remember, beers and other malt beverages have way more calories than liquor.

Look, I know you technially answered the question- does he look like the kind of guy that will walk up to the bar and ask for 'one skinny girl margarita, and hold the fruit please?' :drinker:

I would pay to be in that bar when it happens. :)
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    I suggest beer. Real, full calorie beer. Run, do some lunges, whatever it takes. But don't cut yourself short on enjoying the nectar of the keg.

Love it...lol..."Nectar of the keg!"
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Guinness is spelled with two ns
    I don't know how to edit

Nectar of the keg is my new favorite phrase
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Healthy-ish options:
    Guinness
    Red Wine

Otherwise... whatever you like best, just budget for it.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    beer: Chimay Grande Reserve
    bourbon: Basil Hayden
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Guinness is spelled with two ns
    I don't know how to edit

Nectar of the keg is my new favorite phrase

I almost always forget the second N in Guinness!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    moonshine
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Scotch and water. 69 calories for the scotch; none for the water. Helps with the daily water intake too!! :laugh:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Vodka sours

Tequila
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    moonshine

It might make you blind but it does the trick...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Absinthe. The real stuff.
  • unlockthebox
    unlockthebox Posts: 31 Member
    I like the skinny girl margaritas, but really, just factor in the calories of what you're going to drink. Remember, beers and other malt beverages have way more calories than liquor.

Look, I know you technially answered the question- does he look like the kind of guy that will walk up to the bar and ask for 'one skinny girl margarita, and hold the fruit please?' :drinker:

I would pay to be in that bar when it happens. :)

Well played! Not really the drink I'm looking for but appreciate everyone's input. I have also met some new contacts! If you have more suggestions add me and we can share ideas
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    <
    That french martini was very tasty.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

If I'm going to drink at all, I want to REALLY enjoy it, so I only drink the best that I can afford.
    Any small batch or single barrel bourbon works for me, Knob Creek seems to be a good standby, available most anywhere and very nice. Step up to their single barrel & it's even nicer. Buffalo Trace and Basil Hayden are nice too.
    I did have a nice Irish whiskey last night, Tullamore Dew 12 year, and the Templeton Rye was smooth as well....
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    A couple more approaches...

Buy a whole bottle of anything strong and just pound it. The calories don't matter after you puke, and you'll burn off even more as you stagger home. Alone.

Or, go to a fancy place and pick whatever is most expensive. If you overindulge, you'll be eating lean til your next paycheck.

Honestly, I'm new to this dieting thing, and although I don't drink a lot, I definitely like a little something now and then. For me, if I'm gonna have the calories, I want them to be worthwhile. It's all a matter of preference, but what I like most is something with an incredible, long-lasting, complex taste. A good wine or single-malt scotch are my favorites, or for seriously long-lasting one-sip-at-a-time enjoyment after a great meal : cognac.