Perspectives

Options
As I was sitting here lurking around the boards, I was feeling sorry for myself because I was looking at peoples tickers and seeing the tremendous amounts of weight lost and mine only reflects a 16 pound loss in almost a year. Then for some reason I realized that I had set myself a goal to lose 16% of my total weight and keep it off and I have lost 11% already. For some bizarre reason that made me feel better about my weight loss. I guess sometimes I need to mix up the numbers to make me feel that I am accomplishing something, and another thing I realized is that I have managed to stick to healthy eating for almost a year which for me is a major miracle.

Replies

• WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    As I was sitting here lurking around the boards, I was feeling sorry for myself because I was looking at peoples tickers and seeing the tremendous amounts of weight lost and mine only reflects a 16 pound loss in almost a year. Then for some reason I realized that I had set myself a goal to lose 16% of my total weight and keep it off and I have lost 11% already. For some bizarre reason that made me feel better about my weight loss. I guess sometimes I need to mix up the numbers to make me feel that I am accomplishing something, and another thing I realized is that I have managed to stick to healthy eating for almost a year which for me is a major miracle.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am eating right and exercising and have not lost a pound since early November.

YOU just reminded me that I set my goal to lose 10% of my body weight by Jan 1 and I have lost more that is almost 15%.

So we are doing WONDERFUL!!!

All I know is last year I was crying at this time due to weight gain and feeling like crud!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING WONDERFUL!

I am very proud that I am thinner then last year.

Last year I was very unhappy with my weight!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Way to go willpillageyourvillagefor food :drinker: As said before one persons ounce of fat might be another's lb of Lard none of us are the same, just keep doing what it is you are doing, other's would be very happy to be doing as well as you are :flowerforyou: !!!!!!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for.:grumble:but while we are here we might as well dance :drinker: !"