No pic, no friend policy?

Options
Too Harsh? Not harsh?

Does it show a level of commitment by putting yourself out there?

Thoughts?

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Too Harsh? Not harsh?

Thoughts?

Do whatever makes you comfortable! Weight loss and internet security are not linked :)
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Too Harsh? Not harsh?
    Thoughts?

Do whatever makes you comfortable! Weight loss and internet security are not linked :)

Completely agree w this!
  • tklarakis
    Options
    For me a picture was a no brainer, I mean most of us are here for the same thing, and being comfortable with your body is an important part of weightloss. Not everyone feels this way, but I accept friends with or without a picture, I'm not really looking for a boyfriend on here, so no pic, no problem.
  • jase69
    jase69 Posts: 46
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

I mean, even if you just put a head shot, your cat...anything...if you are going to entertain the public/personal side of MFP. Friendship and support...its much easier to support someone you can see or relate to a picture, than a blue and white cartoon drawing.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Too Harsh? Not harsh?

Thoughts?

I don't think it is a level of commitment but I do like to know the face or *kitten* in your case that I am talking to lol.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

I mean, even if you just put a head shot, your cat...anything...if you are going to entertain the public/personal side of MFP. Friendship and support...its much easier to support someone you can see or relate to a picture, than a blue and white cartoon drawing.

Yes, but you also do NOT have the luxury of deleting your own posts, etc. So, your face, those posts, forever searchable. That is your call. Ride the fence I will. It's titillating :)
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    ..its much easier to support someone you can see or relate to a picture, than a blue and white cartoon drawing.

or a pair of bluejeans..... :bigsmile:
  • jase69
    Options
    Too Harsh? Not harsh?

Thoughts?

I don't think it is a level of commitment but I do like to know the face or *kitten* in your case that I am talking to lol.

LOL

And I think people are taking this wrong...I dont mean you have to have a picture of yourself..just ANYTHING! Is it any different than the people who request you write a book when you request them to be your friend? So in that case, SUPPORT requires an explanation?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

Yes, but you also do NOT have the luxury of deleting your own posts, etc. So, your face, those posts, forever searchable. That is your call. Ride the fence I will. It's titillating :)

off topic, your picture makes me laugh everytime because the first couple times it looked like you were happily stabbing something. Then I looked closer..
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    Yeah, do what you like I guess. I have friends who encourages me daily and they have no picture.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to publicize their face all over the internet, to separate things in their real lives from the internet. And it's a lot about privacy and protection. Something online is available for EVERYONE to see.

I mean, it doesn't bother me. But I'm not going to not add someone because it bothers them.
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    Yeah, do what you like I guess. I have friends who encourages me daily and they have no picture.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I like and prefer pictures and a message, but that is just me. :bigsmile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    At first I didn't have a picture because I love my avatar too much. Then I got to thinking, well, everyone on this site is fat along with me or least they were at one point in their lives (except the pro-ana's running around eating chalk). Then I realized, "hey some of these people have muffin tops and are size xl like me, it's ok to show my face"! It's not like other websites where everyone is trying to make sexy poses and stupid duck faces (oh, wait....). Anyways, bottom line, maybe some people are not comfortable showing their fattyness just yet.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

huh? you don't like my cartoon drawing?
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Not harsh - I prefer a pic and message. Unless it's a really good looking guy, no message necessary, I don't really care what you have to say.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    OMG Skitty you are too much! LMAO!!! :tongue:
  • jase69
    Options
    Not harsh - I prefer a pic and message. Unless it's a really good looking guy, no message necessary, I don't really care what you have to say.

LOL funny
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

off topic, your picture makes me laugh everytime because the first couple times it looked like you were happily stabbing something. Then I looked closer..

I thought the same thing. Opening wine is the next best thing though!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

:laugh: Agreed. Seems like there are quite a few on my list that can just stand in the corner and look pretty. Would sure brighten up my cubicle at work.