120 calories......

LadyG0915
LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Left for dinner.....I guess I am going to have to go for a walk if Iwant to eat. Any filling ideas otherwise?

Replies

• h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    120 calories of straight veggies would actually go pretty far.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    optimum nutrition protein shake with water...120 cals on the head and 24 g protein...actually yummy and filling

but id get in some exercise so you can eat more
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    go buy a bag of veggies lol :P ! very filling!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    I agree..when I am low I usually fill up on veggies.
  • Im having problems eating enough...When I do get a chance to exercise, I burn off on average 350 calories...Im down to 1200 a day as it is, and if it's days like today where I have hundreds left..what more can I eat?!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    10 mins of jumping rope burns 100 calories........:smile:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    yep.. vegies or and extra bit of excerise.....that's what I had to do yesterday too!!!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    It's time for that two hour walk.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Yeah, that is a baked potato with salsa on it and a lot of broccoli, celery, spinach, etc. Veggies for low calorie. The higher fiber ones are more filling and satisfying.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Stir Fry is usally low in caloriies. :-) Or a nice BIG salad (without BIG dressing LOL)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    If you can scrape up another 100 calories from exercise, make an omlette! 1 egg, 1 egg white, a little cheese, veggies of your choosing - you can do a lot with a couple hundred calories!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    A salad with loads of veggies and shrimp?
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    veggie stirfry!
  • Try zucchini shredded like spaghetti with pasta sauce on top. You can eat a TON of zucchini and it is very low in calories. The pasta sauce would be the most calories.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    50gms baked beans in tomato sauce, 75gms mushrooms 20gms low fat grated cheese...mush it all around yummy nice and filling
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    A big raw veggie salad (spinach, mushroom, tomato, onion, garlic, etc) with salsa as dressing and 1/4 cup of beans.
    SUPER filling.

Go take a quick jog anyway though just to give your metabolism, mood and energy a boost.
  • I would go tuna mixed with veggies.. i usually cut and cook my cabbage as a sub for pasta and add spices,spinach,egg white , onions and tuna ... one cup of cabbage is only 21 calories, one tuna can is about 83 cal if you take all the water out, one cup of spinach is only 7 cal, one egg whiter is about 20's .. I would be fine with tuna , cabbage and spices..use Pam spray and you will be fine..
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Go by what your body is telling you. If you aren't that hungry, eat nothing or something small for dinner. Who cares if you skip dinner once in a while, as long as it's not the norm. If you are feeling "starved" today and now are still feeling hungry, eat a well rounded meal (maybe drinking a glass of water beforehand) and call it a day. Sometimes the numbers on MFP don't match the real life situation. I'd go by how hungry you feel right now.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Go by what your body is telling you. If you aren't that hungry, eat nothing or something small for dinner. Who cares if you skip dinner once in a while, as long as it's not the norm. If you are feeling "starved" today and now are still feeling hungry, eat a well rounded meal (maybe drinking a glass of water beforehand) and call it a day. Sometimes the numbers on MFP don't match the real life situation. I'd go by how hungry you feel right now.

yes ! (:
  • I agree with the "listen to your body" bit. Going a little over on one day, or skipping dinner if you're not hungry, will not hurt. Just stay on the wagon and don't let it push you off.

As for foods, a good two cups of baked spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and two tablespoons of shredded parmesan would mean you'd only have to burn about another 60 calories. Turn on some music and dance while the squash is baking and you're set!

:)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    I agree with the "listen to your body" bit. Going a little over on one day, or skipping dinner if you're not hungry, will not hurt. Just stay on the wagon and don't let it push you off.

As for foods, a good two cups of baked spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and two tablespoons of shredded parmesan would mean you'd only have to burn about another 60 calories. Turn on some music and dance while the squash is baking and you're set!

:)

I love the speghetti squash idea. I've made it before as a substitute for pasta and it's very, very good!!
This discussion has been closed.