Eating breakfast

Options
I'm having a hard time with breakfast. I tend to sleep in when I'm not in school sometimes until around noon so I just skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner and some snacks...I think this might be effecting my weight loss...I'm never hungry when I wake up until like 2 hours later!!! I read on here you are supposed to eat a big breakfast, smaller lunch, and a small dinner but I don't have the appetite for it when i first wake up even if it is early!!! HELP

Replies

• d0900
    d0900 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with breakfast. I tend to sleep in when I'm not in school sometimes until around noon so I just skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner and some snacks...I think this might be effecting my weight loss...I'm never hungry when I wake up until like 2 hours later!!! I read on here you are supposed to eat a big breakfast, smaller lunch, and a small dinner but I don't have the appetite for it when i first wake up even if it is early!!! HELP
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat a big breakfast... even just an apple or a banana. Just a little something to kick start your day... It will get easier after a while. And it doesn't need to be first thing, I would just say within the first half hour or so. Good luck!
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Try a protein bar. Later you can add a banana or an apple........

I get up hungry! :noway:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I get up hungry! :noway:

same here!! :laugh:

try a piece of toast or a yogurt....some people on here keep talkiing about their smoothies they eat.. why nor try something like that?
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i was on that same boat a year ago, and i can personally say it does help to eat even something small within 1 hour of getting up, even just a yogurt or a piece of fruit. i never make a full breakfast i just have a breakfast shake or a bananna or something along those lines.

it really does help, try it out buy yogurts and some fruit and just make it a habit to eat 1 thing within an hour of getting up.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    For the past couple of weeks I've been in your shoes too! Normally I'm a die-hard breakfast eater. I've been on an intense budget & have gotten rid of anything convienent to make, now everything I buy requires to be cooked & prepared. so i've been just having tea in the morning & not eating until lunch! I don't know how i'm surviving but i'm having no hunger during the day, a modest lunch & usually not much for dinner! I'm sure going back home to my mom's house tomorrow for the holidays will bring back my hunger hehe.
  • jenn796
    Options
    Hi all, i tend to be more hungry and eat more through out the day if i eat breakfast..if i skip breakfast im not really hungry. Is that normal?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but I find that when I am staying within my calories I wake up hungry. When I'm overeating I don't want to eat in the morning. Also eating breakfast is essential to avoid late night snacking.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There are tons of studies that show that people who eat breakfast tend to be thinner and to stay thinner. It doesn't have to be a big breakfast but you should have a little something just to wake up your metabolism.

I used to be one of those people who wouldn't eat breakfast. I just couldn't face it in the mornings and if I did eat breakfast I'd feel hungry all day.

I eat breakfast every morning now and I find that I'm more alert at work, don't binge or over eat for lunch and have better energy throughout the day. I'm a convert and preach to everyone that they MUST eat breakfast.