Protein Powder that don't taste like, well, you know.

Options
So I've been looking through my diary and have decided that I need to increase my protein intake. Now, I've heard about protein powders, but I'm not too big on the whole shakes and smoothies thing. I'm looking more for something that can be mixed in with regular foods without completely killing/overpowering the taste.

I looked online and found 100% Any Whey Protein Naturally Tasteless Whey Protein Powder (helpful linkie http://www.strongernutrition.com/Products/100-Percent-Any-Whey-Protein-Protein-2730147.aspx?utm_medium=datafeed&utm_source=googlebase)

Has anyone tried this? Or maybe have another suggestion that I can look into? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    ...that don't taste like *kitten*? It's ok. We can handle it.

I like anything by Optimum Nutrition. It's yummy!
  • chantaljl
    Options
    An Isolate Protein is GREAT! Very low calories at a lot of protein.
    I drink ISOFLEX. an isolate whey protein. I have the chocolate kind. I don't mind the taste and you only need one scoop, the drink is less than a cup so it doesnt take long to drink.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I use plain whey from the local bulk food store, only ingredient is whey powder. I add it to pancake mixes, sprinkle it upon oatmeal, add it to stews, mix it in omelet... put it in mashed potatoes... not many places I haven't tried it, oh and of course the smoothies... 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup plain yogurt and a tablespoon or 3 of the protein powder... great stuff.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't find shakes satisfying as it doesn't feel like I'm eating so will mix a chocolate (preferably) flavoured powder with non-fat natural yoghurt and eat it with a spoon so it feels more like food - can also add some fibre (oat bran/wheat germ/oats/seeds) to thicken it, banana or strawberries.