Pancake Boobs

Options
Disclaimer: I promise this is a serious topic. I'm not trying to be vulgar. I just want to talk about boobs in relation to weight loss.

When I was in college I knew a girl who lost about 60 pounds in a year. Some guys at school had nicknamed her "Pancake Boobs" but I never knew why until I saw her topless one day and noticed her breasts literally looked deflated. I can only assume they must have laid flat like a couple of pancakes when she was on her back. Hence the nickname. (P.S. Those dudes were jerks.)

Anyway, I never thought much about it until recently. Now, I've lost 40 pounds and although I'm wearing the same cup size as I did when I started losing weight, I have noticed the skin in that region seems a bit looser than normal.

So now I'm thinking, great... I'm gonna end up like Pancake Boobs. I'm going to slowly deflate like one of those foil balloons people give you on your birthday. I have no problem with them getting smaller. I would actually prefer that. I just don't want them to look strange.

Is there an exercise I can do to make the skin stay firm? A cream? Magic potion? I'm only 26! C'mon!

Will they just sort of mold back together after I gain some muscle around those parts?

Any suggestions? Reassurance? Is anyone else going through this with their girls?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Yup. when you get older, you won't care what people think of you so much. Eventually you will get a cane and hit them.
    Enjoy life as your body slowly falls apart. you got 4 years to live it up.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    After nursing 3 babies, I'm glad to still have pancakes! LOL:bigsmile:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's true...I have "rocks in socks" syndrome. :(
    Makes me very sad!
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Honestly, people who give out such a nickname should be ashamed of themselves. Personally, I believe you can do exercises to keep the chest tight so you shouldn't worry about it.
  • ksself
    ksself Posts: 9
    Options
    I hope someone knows. I would think there would be some sort of weight lifting regimen focusing on the chest that would help. Otherwise, if I lose more I will be in trouble too. :wink:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you are really concerned, I have heard that surgery($10K) will help.

Speaking as a guy, boobs are a great accessory, but I look at the whole package.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bump cause now I'm getting worried!
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    unfortunately boobs are made of fat, and the skin once stretched doesn't ping back.

You can do exercises on the pectoral sp? muscles which sit behind your boobs which will improve youre posture but won't change the shape.

Mine are destined to be squigy forever but they all look the same in a good bra!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering this saaaame thing.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Same here :sad:
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    well... i'm only 24 and i lost 35 lbs in about 8-10 months and went from a small C to a size A and they are far from pancakes but they are pretty much far from anything at this point. luckily my husband knows victoria's little secret and doesn't mind that i pretend to be a B cup :-)

JM says in her videos any time we are doing chest exercises that it helps give a natural lift. so maybe i got a natural lift from doing her videos all the time.. i think it's going to be dependent on your "girls" because everyone is different. i'd say you're best plan of attack would be to work in chest exercises though and find the right bra :-)
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd like to hear any suggestions to improve the situation too :O)
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry in advance that I have nothing encouraging to say. After 4 babies, 36 years and 37 lbs I look like a pair of windsocks on a calm day.

One day, if I decide that Victoria's secret isn't enough, then I may *MAY* consider drastic measures such as surgery, but I just can't see my windsocks ever being that much of a priority when I have those offspring I mentioned earlier to clothe, feed and educate.

Please don't fall for the claims of creams, gadgets or any of the rest of it. Breast tissue is not muscle and there are no exercises you can do, although you can work the pectorals underneath and be firmer in general, though not specifically the girls. Get a good bra and either be happy with that, or plan on surgery. Those are really your only two options, I'm sorry to say.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    OLIVE OIL!!!! I have a tbsp a day of olive oil. I don't know why, but my chest region started looking "plumper" despite my weight loss. When I don't have olive oil in my daily diet I notice that region getting "looser" and less "elastic". Look at your diet and see if you have things like canola oil, olive oil, or fatty fish (supplements) in your diet.

Include strength training in your routine at least 1x a week and make sure to do pushups to keep that area firm and the muscles beneath your boob strong (makes them stick out more:)

In addition, watch out for "bouncing cardio", that tears up your boobs faster than anything. If you are going up and down a lot, you may want to vary your exercise routine or.....

Wear 2 bras when you exercise. I usually wear 2 bras and I am not that big so I can prevent ANY jiggling.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I was skinnier and after 2 kids I used to call my "tube socks with nipples"

But then getting chunkier fixed that....which I am now trying to get back to my body's size where I had the issue with the boobs. I'm hoping that by working out instead of starving myself (I used to strictly eat 800-1000 cals a day) I can keep the boobs and lose the fat.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    omg calm down...sometimes guys say things to overexaggerate... I was called a "cow", "fatty", pregnant, chubs by stupid college guys when I was the weight in my "before" picture (see signature)....

Don't worry about it. I've lost a cup size, but it doesn't matter. Guys are lucky they are getting some.. If they are going to complain about it just tell them how they suck at giving it to ya anyways :P !
  • desertdaisy
    Options
    louiseyanne is right. I paid for college being a Certified Bra Fitter. I have taken more classes about boobs than I ever imagined existed! lol Being that you are 26, your boobs may "bounce back" better than someone over 50 but they will never be the same. I have yo-yo'ed my whole life and when my weight has been down so have my boobs and I am only 29. Focus on the positive. You are changing your body for the better! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Haha, just for the record I'm not concerned about what males think of my body. I'm a happily married lesbian woman. I just want my boobs to look awesome in general. Mostly for my own vanity.

But if "rocks in socks" is what nature if telling me I have to deal with to continue my healthier lifestyle. Bring it on!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This topic made me smile. I always said my boobs never got any smaller no matter how much weight I lost, but well... This time around them seem to be sagging a little more than usual and my bras are a little bigger than they were a few months back. I'm over 40 now, so maybe that's the difference?

I work for a day spa, and we carry a line of products specifically for pregnant women and new moms. They have a product called "Boob Tube" that everyone swears by. I used to laugh...but maybe I need to rethink??