hungry a lot lately! please help!

genie98
genie98 Posts: 62
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
For the past 2 weeks or so I feel like I am hungry all time. I make sure I have protien and all but nothing seems to satisfy me. I am not sure why this is happening and hope someone can give me some advise. I dont want to up my calories as I still have 23 lbs to lose before I get to my goal. I do start work again on Monday and hope this will help with the hunger pains. Please any advise is welcomed!

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    My trainer gave me these ideas because I was feeling hungry. Hope it helps you!!

1. Almonds and other nuts (not salted or smoked)
    2. Beans and other legumes (not refried or baked)
    3. Spinach and other green vegetables (not fried and try not to use cheese) *my suggestion if you need flavor use different spices and no calorie butter spray
    4.Instant oatmeal (quaker weight loss is the best option. try to avoid cereals with added sugars and high fructose corn syrup)
    5. Eggs
    6. Turkey and other lean meats (refrain from sausage, bacon, cured meats, ham, fatty cuts of steak--high sodium high in fat)
    7.Natural PB (by serving- too much pb can lead to high in fat)
    8. Whole grain breads and cereals (Stay away from processed bakery products like white bread, bagels, and doughnuts) *make sure its 100% whole wheat, also light is preferable!
    9. Olive oil (try to stay away from vegetable and hydrogenated vegetable oils, trans fatty acids, margarine)
    10. Whey protein
    11.Rasberries and other berries
    12. Celery and pickles (great snacks)
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Sleep in :) Drink a lot of water...If you eat something and youre like "I'm still hungry" wait like 2 minutes and see if youre still hungry.
  • I'm hungry most of the time too so I chew alot of bubble gum. It adds calories but if you can make it last it won't add nearly as many as if you ate snack everytime you're hungry. GOOD LUCK!
  • bree231977
    bree231977 Posts: 6 Member
    You may have enough protein, but recheck your carb intake. Hunger like that comes from an insulin roller coaster from eating too many carbs. You don't get hungry like that doing Atkins. I agree with most of the snack suggestions listed, except the grains. I would replace that with a low sugar yogurt. Kroger brand has a great one called Carb Master. If you must have some sort of bread, get Healthy Life low carb bread--has a purple stripe on the label, different from other Healthy Life varieties. There is also a good low carb tortilla I get at Kroger called TamXico. I make wraps and even low carb pizza with those. Happy snacking!
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Get your nutrient intake like Bree said. It could be that you're eating too much carbs and not enough protein. Make sure to drink water too, you might mistake your thirst for hunger. Drink water, wait 20 min, then eat if you're still hungry.

Avoid the quick sugars that satiate for only an hour!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Increase unsaturated fats, increase fiber, decrease overall carbs.
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Thanks for the help! I will try eating less carbs but I am under my goal everyday usually by quite a bit. Maybe its still too many. At least I can give it a try!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    What percentage of your calories are from carbohydrates? Try 30% or 40% maybe? Low carb but not super low. Also, I was noticing you use coffee mate, I found myself much fuller when I switched back to real half and half. I try to limit saturated fat, but that is my indulgence.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Definitely reduce carbs but also try to eliminate the processed foods. Those BBQ corn chips are 300 calories that barely fill your stomach whereas if you replaced them with lean chicken and greens you could have a whole meal instead.

MFP carb goals are very very high.

Good luck! I love BBQ anything (especially old dutch potato chips) but I had to give it up completely. I don't have the control to eat it in moderation. :-(
This discussion has been closed.