Looking for more vegans and vegetarians. . . . .

Options

Replies

• fruitsndveggies
    Options
    veggie / trying to be vegan !
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd check in too :) Been veggie for 4 years now.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like some vegan and vegetarian friends as well :-)

I keep it totally vegan at home, but when I go out or am invited to eat at someone's house, I'll eat vegetarian.

Cheeeeeeeeese is sometimes my undoing, especially when eating out. I'm pretty good about it most times, but if the place is just not vegan-friendly, I'll go for the cheese.
    Exactly my struggle! It's so easy to keep it vegan at home, even with my meat eater fiance bringing in animal products, it's easy to say no because I have my vegan version right next to it. I just can't say no to the cheese and yogurt when I'm out and about.
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are new to a vegan diet. We're following the "Engine 2 Diet" and so far, it's been really great (see www.engine2diet.com). I'm a cookbook fanatic, and my newest book is vegan and absolutely wonderful. It's called "Peas and Thank You." So far I feel great on a vegan diet, I'm having no difficulty staying under calories, and the food tastes good. I am a bit worried about when I get busy and don't have time to cook, or when I travel to Indiana in October (iceberg lettuce and fried stuff capital of the US), and wonder how I"m going to get my children transitioned over. They're not too happy with dairy alternatives right now.

Laura
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I made my husband sit down and watch "Forks Over Knives" on netflix.com and my meat and potatoes guy switched right over. You have to watch it all the way through (the macho stuff is closer to the end, but don't tell them that).

Laura
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am veggie, well, pescatarian. I'll send you an add. I love having other veggies food diaries to look at :) x
  • aeh101
    Options
    My first post!
    Vegan for 2 1/2 years veggie for years before.
    i thought cheese would be my downfall until i went cold turkey and realised i was totally addicted to it 2 1/2 years on and i haven't touched it!
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    Been pescatarian for 3 years now and am considering the leap into full on vegetarianism...could use all the help I can get.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The movie that made me switch was Paul McCarthy "meet your meat" it's on the PETA website
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here!!! :happy:
  • Kirstyvox
    Kirstyvox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Been a veggie for 3 years or so, I'd eventually like to go Vegan. Feel free to add me, veggie or not. :)
  • JoeyP2011
    Options
    Hi - I'm a veggie too and hoping to go vegan fairly soon. Cheese is my big downfall, oh and cappuccinos as they don't seem to do much soya where I live. Has anyone else read 'Appetite for Reduction' - its full of low fat yummy vegan receipes.

Joey x
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of being a Vegan. I'm a runner too. Currently in training for a 50 mile trail race. If you are a Vegan and runner, I would love to friend you. This is not going to be easy! I don't cook. My wife doesn't cook. She's not really interested in joining me thusfar, and sadly Veganism seems to entail a lot of cooking and preparing! I wish I knew things that were super easy to prepare that would ensure I met all my nutritional needs. But I will do my best. It will certainly be an adjustment!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Been a vegetarian my whole life (30 years). Always looking for inspiration on healthy food options :)
  • strivefor25
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. I have been a vegan in the past and am striving towards that again. I would love to have some friends!
  • grassark
    grassark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and would like new friends, especially if you share your food diary so I can get some new ideas!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Long time vegetarian here. I was vegan for 15 yrs but I occasionally eat some dairy now, once in a while....
  • charlottegk
    Options
    Newly vegan :) Feel free to add me!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Two and half years vegetarian :) It's the best present I ever gave myself.

Feel free to add me- just let me know you found me on this group so I know you're veggie too :)
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    veggie here :)