Disappointed :-(

Options
Just weighed in and I am so, so, so disappointed :-( I have not dropped a single gram in a week, in spite of having been right on track throughout - no cheating! I counted every single calorie, ate healthily, drank a ton of water and exercised, and don't know what more I could have done! I even went through a 4 day headache as my body detoxed... with no reward at the end of it!

I was certainly expecting to see a loss, especially as this was my first week (the kilo I lost the first day was just water retention from my period), and this is so discouraging., I feel like crying. Part of me feels that I should just go back to how I was before, after all I have been maintaining this weight for a while... but I will persevere!

Replies

• idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options
    That would be a bummer. Try tweaking some stuff
  • malouina
    malouina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    believe me sister i understand how you feel, but you did lost inches you may not see it on the scale but your body is adjusting to the new lifestyle. you are going to lost so much weight if you keep it up. have some faith and dont be disappointed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I can certainly understand your dissappointment. Sometimes it just takes awhile for our bodies to adjust to the new habits. Keep on working at it, and if nothing changes in a couple weeks then you might want to see your doctor. There may be a clinical reason for it.
  • CaptCombat
    Options
    Keep at it and don't expect results that fast. Your body has to adjust and then you'll see the weight come off. I did not see any movement on the scale for about 3-4 weeks, then it started dropping. Also, I only weighed myself about once a week. Don't worry about how much that early, just look for a downward trend.
    3680410.png
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    don't cry! :( trust me, it takes time and EVERY week is different. i couldn't workout for 2 weeks due to crutches and lost about 3 lbs. When I was off the crutches and started working out again, I gained 2 lb. I wanted to cry, but realized that it could be water, muscle, TOM, or anything basically! Just stick to it and DON'T give up!
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You ended your post on a great note, you will persevere. I know it's sometimes hard to not get discouraged, but look at this as a marathon, not a sprint. You are starting out, stumbled, got back up and kept going, that is the important thing, I'm glad you are sticking it out and remember, there is a whole community to support you.

Sean
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself. I know it's frustrating to not see progress, but try to remember that you are getting healthier. Focus on that and the weight loss will take care of itself.

Courage.
  • jerrygray1976
    jerrygray1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its living a healthy lifestyle that is important. Sometimes lbs dont drop that fast. It took me a couple months before my body got into burning mode. Also look into veggie juicing as that can help detox your body.
  • Lecypage
    Lecypage Posts: 22
    Options
    Give it some time. I can guarantee you will see a difference. I find that when I have really good weeks and exercise and eat well I hop on the scales and see almost no change. Then a few days later I will have lost a whole kilo. For some reason my body just likes to discourage me. Keep at it. You will get there.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    :happy: You'll be on fire next week...I predict major loss!!
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you, friends, I really needed your encouragement! You are right, I will no doubt see a loss in the coming weeks... and good health is not just about weight, right? I needed to start eating healthier - less fat, salt, sugar, more protein, etc. - and this will carry many other benefits as well as weightloss. I want to be fit and healthy, as well as being slim!

It is so good to be here, amongst people who understand and have shared the same experiences. Thank you! :-)
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - when I first started I was getting so frustrated. You put in so much effort, work hard for 3 or 4 weeks and all you see is 2-3 kilos lost, or nothing at all. Persist with it though. It eventually becomes habit and after a few months you'll really see a difference. Keep trying mate, you'll get there!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I have been in my new lifestyle since I think June 10 and I am working out with a personal trainer AND have my calories set to lose 1 pound per week. But in all these weeks, 12 or more, I have only lost about 7 pounds. It is very discouraging for sure. But I am just going to keep on exercising, eating healthier, and hope that it pays off. Whether it takes a year or more, that's okay with me, I just want to get to my goal. Hang tough!!!
  • MarcelliaB
    Options
    Don't give up!. My first week i didn't weigh because i knew i would be hurt.. the second i did and lost 4 lbs.. I see and feel it when i put my cloths on. I think i have lost more inches than lbs. Keep it up:)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! When i first started weight watchers it took me 6 weeks to see results but then I lost over 45lbs! You're doing the right thing tracking, suffering through the headache *LOL* You can do it :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    One week is nowhere near enough time to see results. The human body is a complex organism, it's not as simple as flipping a weight loss switch and watching the pounds come off, it takes hard work, dedication, and most important of all, PATIENCE! You can't rush it. It will happen, give it time.