STAYING MOTIVATED

Options
HI EVERYONE. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT SOME OF YOU DO TO STAY MOTIVATED?? I HAVE A REALLY HARD TIME STAYING MOTIVATED. I WILL DO GOOD FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN I SLIP. WHEN THAT HAPPENS I FIND IT SO HARD TO GET BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS. I KNOW THAT I WANT AND NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT ( ABOUT60 LBS) BUT IT SEEMS LIKE I AM SELF SABOTAGING IN SOME WAYS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Replies

• ortizt27
    Options
    HI EVERYONE. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT SOME OF YOU DO TO STAY MOTIVATED?? I HAVE A REALLY HARD TIME STAYING MOTIVATED. I WILL DO GOOD FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN I SLIP. WHEN THAT HAPPENS I FIND IT SO HARD TO GET BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS. I KNOW THAT I WANT AND NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT ( ABOUT60 LBS) BUT IT SEEMS LIKE I AM SELF SABOTAGING IN SOME WAYS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Staying motivated really is tough yet it seems to be the key to being successful! I'm rather new here & I've found some really wonderful, supportive & inspiring people! I'm hopeful that by staying here & staying involved I can stay motivated too! I wish you much success! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated can be hard. I remind myself of how good I feel when I've done my workout. I feel so tired when I first wake up but after my workout is done I have so much energy. If I skip and sleep in I just feel tired all day.

I also remind myself of how good it feels to put on jeans and not be uncomfortable.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated can be hard. I remind myself of how good I feel when I've done my workout. I feel so tired when I first wake up but after my workout is done I have so much energy. If I skip and sleep in I just feel tired all day.

I also remind myself of how good it feels to put on jeans and not be uncomfortable.

Well said!! :wink:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. It starts with skipping a day of exercising, then the next day I say to myself, "Well, I didn't go yesterday, so why should I bother going today. I already blew it." Then, when I pass the fast food, I say, "Well, I didn't exercise, so I might as well eat crap." And on and on. I call myself the queen of excuses :tongue:

What I have done is check this site numerous times a day. Every time I eat, I log on to add it to my food journal. Then, since I'm there I click on some of the latest threads to see how everyone is doing. By doing that, I keep my health really forward in my mind, and my thought processes. Plus, I love seeing my exercise goals met for the week. It is really the only thing in my past that has worked. I hate being accountable to other people (like some people have exercise buddies), but by logging everything here and reminding myself of it often, I am accountable to myself. Hope you find what works for you!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. It starts with skipping a day of exercising, then the next day I say to myself, "Well, I didn't go yesterday, so why should I bother going today. I already blew it." Then, when I pass the fast food, I say, "Well, I didn't exercise, so I might as well eat crap." And on and on. I call myself the queen of excuses :tongue:

What I have done is check this site numerous times a day. Every time I eat, I log on to add it to my food journal. Then, since I'm there I click on some of the latest threads to see how everyone is doing. By doing that, I keep my health really forward in my mind, and my thought processes. Plus, I love seeing my exercise goals met for the week. It is really the only thing in my past that has worked. I hate being accountable to other people (like some people have exercise buddies), but by logging everything here and reminding myself of it often, I am accountable to myself. Hope you find what works for you!

Im this same way. If i eat one this that is not the best choice I will say to myself well what the heck I already screwed up my day. I would really like it if I had a workout buddy near me that would make me workout at the times that I just don't feel like it. You know push me. Unfortentionally, I live in the middle of nowhere. :grumble:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    oops that was supposed to be a smiley. :blushing:
  • ortizt27
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYBODY. THIS SITE HAS REALLY HELPED ME AS WELL. ( IN THE PAST) WHEN I WAS USING IT, BUT THEN MY COMPUTER GOT MESSED UP SO I HAVENT BEEN ON IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I GUESS I CANTDO IT TOTALLY BY MYSELF. BUT I AM BACK.
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Defintely coming on here and checking blogs and posts and seeing other people doing it- they are losing the weight, they are exercising and getting healthy, it motivates me. I have only lost a teeny bit and I have had a lot of good excuses- lol. i love the excuses!! but i think just being on here is awesome and meeting other people who can help motivate each other!
    Jaelle
    MFPWorkoutBuddies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i find that if i come on here reading posts and havent exercised i feel really guilty - like im reading but im not participating (i know thats weird) but if i get my exercise done i feel i can sit here and read through the posts knowing that im actively doing my part to lose weight.

I find this site very encouraging especially during those weak moments, and when emotions are up and down during certain times of the month.

I also find that if you focus on each day at a time by the end of the month clothes are soon getting bigger, and then the next month there almost falling off etc.

I find exercise is the best motivation of all, because i always remember that if i dont exercise i feel bad, but i never feel bad if i do exercise so that makes me get out there and do something.

I am hoping to lose many more pounds in 09. Im just getting warmed up now....:)