7 month post gastric bypass needs help meeting daily calore

Options
Hi,

I had gastric bypass, rouex en y jan 25th. So far i have lost 95lbs and have hit a plateau. I am working out almost daily. I am having problems meeting my daily calorie intake. Your Daily Goal 1,320 i am almost always around 500-800 calories short. I need ways to eat my calories better than i have been.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, but try eating more calorie dense foods.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    nut butters. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter. Avocado. I think I'd live on avocado if I could.

also whole eggs and change up your milk (if you drink it) to 2% instead of skim.

basically if you're currently eating lowfat versions of things - stop. get regular cheese and stuff.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    As someone who is 5 years out from RnY, here is my advice.

At seven months out, 1320 cals is probably too high for you. I am eating 1350 (what MFP says I should eat) -1600 per day now. Talk to your surgeon group's nutritionist. It is not uncommon to hit plateaus are various stages in the post-op journey. Make sure you are getting at least 60 gms of protein each day,drinking your water, and exercising consistency.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I had the Sleeve Jan 5. I lost 80. I struggle a bit but sometimes you just have to mix and match! But I also only consume around 900 calories. unless im having a bad day
    Egg White Omlete, With Light Cheese, Black beans, Salsa and mushrooms is a 300 Calorie meal and is fairly small meal if you measure it all Right,
    Lunch 3 oz of chicken, sauteed mushrooms, Corn, carrots and other veggies.
    And when im hitting low on protein, I drink a pure protein drink worth 110 Calories and 21 G of Protein!
    High Protein is a key, With Lots of water
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months out from gastric bypass. Please add me as a friend if you like so you can see my diary to get some ideas for meals. I have not stopped losing yet.
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    Thu 08/25/11 06:36 PM
    I had the Sleeve Jan 5. I lost 80. I struggle a bit but sometimes you just have to mix and match! But I also only consume around 900 calories. unless im having a bad day
    Egg White Omlete, With Light Cheese, Black beans, Salsa and mushrooms is a 300 Calorie meal and is fairly small meal if you measure it all Right,
    Lunch 3 oz of chicken, sauteed mushrooms, Corn, carrots and other veggies.
    And when im hitting low on protein, I drink a pure protein drink worth 110 Calories and 21 G of Protein!
    High Protein is a key, With Lots of water

What is the protein drink you are drinking? I have been doing the carnation instant breakfast stuff, but thats not cutting it lol i need something with more of a kick per serving. i eat a lot of cheese, yogurt, milk w/carnation, cashews, and peanut butter straight out of the jar lol. Any ideas are good, I am also glad that i am eating the same amount of calories that you are. My insurance changed right after my surgery, so I dont see a dietition, so i am not sure what I should be eating, just that I need to get a lot of protein and I take a lot vitamin supplements too.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I didn't have much work on that part.
    Its called Pure Protein. You can get it at Extra Foods.(Super Store)
    110 calories for 21 grams of Protein and they don't taste horrible. 10 bucks for 4 cans though.
    Protein is the main key but make sure you get a ton of fibre in there as well or you will get constipated
    I was recommended 70 Grams of protein a day. so I eat 2 oz of chicken, with 2 eggs, grilled mushrooms, 1/2 oz light cheese, with salt and pepper, and about 2 T of Salsa. So you have your protein (24g) and your fiber and its about 150ish.
    Then about a hour later you hit a protein shake that low calorie and high protein.
    then lunch is a piece of fish. with grilled veggies and a bit of Light Italian Dressing
    Try to avoid Pork and Beef because they are higher in Calories. Though a bit isn't horrible,

Another great breakfast is 1/2 Cup Low Fat Greek Yogurt(15G P) with a bit of Sugar free, 0 Calorie Vanilla sweetener or Honey with some Fresh Fruit mixed in and some Go lean ceral so again lots of protein and good fibre.
    I do Struggle with my Job because I am surrounded by Food all day. I have trouble with grazing but i am working on.
    I hate all the Pills but sometimes thats life.
    Nuts are Great but they are high in Calories and fat. But it is good fat. But my doctor told me to stay away from them.
    I have a book, i lent it to someone but when i get it back. I'll send you a list of some stuff you should avoid.
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    thanks, I will look and see if i can find those shakes here. thank you everyone for the helpful tips :)