Shopping for workout clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    on the topic of clothes is there any merit to "moisture wicking" fabrics? the feel of sweat on my skin is repulsive to me.

YES!! I was working out in cotton t-shirts. I sweat so much they get heavy and start pulling down. Not comfortable. I bought a couple of the Champion shirts from Target and they are soooo much more comfortable. If I sweat a WHOLE lot (like now that I just got done with almost an hour and a half on the treadmill), I still feel it, but it was so much more uncomfortable in cotton tees. I bought these ones. http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-174-Women-s-Short-Sleeve-Cardio-Tee-Ebony/-/A-12912888
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Thanks! I just assumed good ol' cotton was pretty much as good as it got!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would go to Walmart. I always look in there clearance racks and usually find awesome deals. The other day I picked up 2 pairs of yoga pants for $3 each.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I have gotten all of my current workout clothes, save one shirt, at thrift stores. It kinda makes sense, people work out to lose weight, lose the weight and the workout clothes don't fit any more so they donate them to Goodwill. I have all name brand stuff, still pretty current and in very good shape that I paid less than 10% for. I little more effort to find what you are looking for in your size, but worth it to me!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    on the topic of clothes is there any merit to "moisture wicking" fabrics? the feel of sweat on my skin is repulsive to me.

Yes, and Im a big into cotton everything. LOL Believe it or not, the wicking material is simply polyester. Some of them are better made than others. Brooks is awful, IMHO. Champion, Nike, Danskin and Underarmour are all good brands that last... and can be found in Target, Kohls, Walmart... except maybe the Underarmour. You might have to go to ****'s for that brand.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Yes, and Im a big into cotton everything. LOL Believe it or not, the wicking material is simply polyester. Some of them are better made than others. Brooks is awful, IMHO. Champion, Nike, Danskin and Underarmour are all good brands that last... and can be found in Target, Kohls, Walmart... except maybe the Underarmour. You might have to go to ****'s for that brand.

**** = ****'s Sporting Goods Store. LOL This program automatically astericks it out.