Egg whites

Options
Hi ,
I know that this sounds like a simple question but every time I type in 3 egg whites for breakfast it doesn't know the calories.....Can anyone help! I'm new and I have really enjoyed reading the posts. Are most people following a certain diet or just counting calories. I have got to be successful at losing weight this time in the NORMAL world!

Replies

• tryinghard
    Options
    Hi ,
    I know that this sounds like a simple question but every time I type in 3 egg whites for breakfast it doesn't know the calories.....Can anyone help! I'm new and I have really enjoyed reading the posts. Are most people following a certain diet or just counting calories. I have got to be successful at losing weight this time in the NORMAL world!
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    I'm no certain so don't take my word for it...BUT I believe that an egg white is somewhere around 15-20 calories, depending on the size egg. I looked it up on a few other website...and on average thats about what they all are saying. I hope that helps.

Good Luck!! :):flowerforyou:
  • attyhandy
    Options
    Try typing in "egg whites" not "3 egg whites" Raw egg whites or dry ones came up for me when I typed in "egg whites." I'd say use the raw one. You can then adjust your quantity of servings to 3, and your serving size to "1 large" before you click on "add to meal" and I think you'd have it. Hope that helps.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    17 calories (one large egg)
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You know what, I have that trouble too.
    I will do a search on that, But I think it is around 15 to 17 cals per regular large egg white.
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    Options
    check out the post-a must for all
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    ICANDOIT is right I looked at several sites, they all say egg whites 17 calories. :happy:
    --Diann...
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    And I took the information and added it to the chart. You SHOULD be able to see it soon.
    Look up Egg White and it will be the one marked Large Egg White.
    --Diann...
  • tryinghard
    Options
    Wow- thank you so much for the quick response. I do appreciate it. I actually have a day off of work so I am getting to know the site. Love it. I'm thinking it must get easier once I get all my favorites typed in to the daily calorie counter. Then I can click and go. Thanks again!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten just the egg whites, do they have any taste? I don't eat eggs very often but do like the occasional omelette once in a while.
  • icandoit
    Options
    Try them with whites. I think they are great. :happy:
  • kweida
    kweida Posts: 2
    Options
    I hard boil a few at the beginning of the week. They are a great way to get in some low fat protein and will help fill you up. Great for breakfast or a snack. Just put a little salt on them and they are good to go.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well Icandoit, I made that omelet, I was a little skeptical when I stirred it up but after I ate it I have to agree it was pretty good. Next question, what do you do with your yellows? I was brought up to never waste food so any ideas you can give me would be appreciated.