Cheer me up thread!

Options
FollowThatUnicorn
FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
I met with my parents and my mom's doctor tonight to discuss the options for surgery & treatment of her breast cancer. She is going to have a masectomy of her right breast.
I REALLY need some cheering up right now

Post your funny pictures, jokes, flattering comments of me, etc.

:)

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I wish your mother the very best.
  • stephbrooks
    stephbrooks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    pork chop, pork chop, greasy, greasy..... she gonna beat it easy, easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did ya like that cheer?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    FunnyRoadSign.jpg
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I recently signed up on Face Up To It.... a project with Facebook and LiveSTRONG (Lance Armstrong's fitness/nutrition website). I posted my FB pic kind of like signing a petition for the upcoming world leaders at the UN conference to set cancer research and treatment as a priority. That might make you feel strong, to participate in that as well.... google it. :)))) Also, you can check out damnyouautocorrect.com I laughed until i snorted the other day!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I need to let the cat out of the bag.... literaly

291871_259215320764770_100000289120338_1053675_3113945_n.jpg
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    let's see- you stepped in to offer me encouragement just yesterday when i thought my world was ending for sure. which obviously seems trivial compared to what is going on with you.

so first, serious thought- since i am the event manager extraordinaire- i am in charge of planning my firm's philanthropy events as well. and i just today got authorization for my th!nk p!nk party in october where all the money will benefit local breast cancer charities. so if it's ok with you, i very much would like to make the donation in your mom's honor, so please send me a pm with her name so i can do that.

and now a funny thing for you- i just told this story the other nite to some co-workers during the after reception to my big event. they were talking about going out to some bars after and getting cab vouchers. and so i felt compelled to tell my favorite cab story. so i was like 24, and had been out with a bunch of friends drinking my face off, and sometimes, at least when i was younger, i would get really really drunk and just disappear. like, i would just get it in my head that i was drunk and wanted to leave, and i would. i would just call a cab and leave the bar without saying anything to my friends. and then text when i got home and say "i took a cab home". so anyway, this one time, i left the bar, got in the cab and slurred "i need to go to regent square. here's my address" and the driver turned around and said "um, this is NOT a cab". everyone else thought it was pretty funny, so i thought maybe you would too bc the story was fresh in my mind.

hugs and kisses to you and your family!
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    Options
    Thank your rowrbecca :)

steph - haha my husband sings that all the time!

wilson - HAHA! Nice.

ogothicao - i will definately check out that site. i was just talking to my husband about cancer research & funding. Keep in mind his mom beat breast cancer 4 years ago...

angel - AWWWWWW!! I love the fluffies!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says:

"hey! Why the long face?"
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Wish the best of luck to your mom!
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    Options
    oh tifani! i'm crying here! that is so so so so so so amazing of you. thank you so so so so so so much! i don't know why, but your post really affected me. i really wanted to comment and post on it because i really feel you're worth it. and sometimes things happen for a reason. the universe works in mysterious ways. i will pm you. thank you.

toby - 2 men walked into a bar. you would have thought the 2nd one would have ducked. hahahahahaha
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    oh tifani! i'm crying here! that is so so so so so so amazing of you. thank you so so so so so so much! i don't know why, but your post really affected me. i really wanted to comment and post on it because i really feel you're worth it. and sometimes things happen for a reason. the universe works in mysterious ways. i will pm you. thank you.

toby - 2 men walked into a bar. you would have thought the 2nd one would have ducked. hahahahahaha

A priest, a rabbi, and a preacher walk into a bar, and the bartender says:

"wait, is this a joke?"
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    Options
    HA!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I recently signed up on Face Up To It.... a project with Facebook and LiveSTRONG (Lance Armstrong's fitness/nutrition website). I posted my FB pic kind of like signing a petition for the upcoming world leaders at the UN conference to set cancer research and treatment as a priority. That might make you feel strong, to participate in that as well.... google it. :)))) Also, you can check out damnyouautocorrect.com I laughed until i snorted the other day!

I have not laughed that loud is a long time!!! Thanks for sharing!!! She's right.. this will definetly cheer you up. :)