HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with stomach fat.

Options
Good Morning to all my fellow MFP'ers, I am losing weight slowly but surely :tongue: BUT :grumble: I am battling to lose my stomach FAT :explode: can anybody please help :flowerforyou: me with this problem.
I do not have any gym equipment and am not close enough to attend a gym, can't run or do anything that will effect my back ( :grumble: bad back) and am desperate to lose the dreaded :blushing: stomach fat.
Thank you all for your continued help and encouragement :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :noway: but while we are here we might as well dance :drinker: !"

Replies

• Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Good Morning to all my fellow MFP'ers, I am losing weight slowly but surely :tongue: BUT :grumble: I am battling to lose my stomach FAT :explode: can anybody please help :flowerforyou: me with this problem.
    I do not have any gym equipment and am not close enough to attend a gym, can't run or do anything that will effect my back ( :grumble: bad back) and am desperate to lose the dreaded :blushing: stomach fat.
    Thank you all for your continued help and encouragement :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :noway: but while we are here we might as well dance :drinker: !"
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    This is probably not what you want to hear. But there is no way to target fat loss in any one spot. Keep losing (yes slowly) and your stomach will get smaller. To make it go faster try more cardio. Since you have a bad back you can walk, walk, and yes walk some more. It's a free, easy exercise that can make a difference.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    first on last off!! From all I have read you cannot spot reduce. You can work on the abs so that when the last few pounds come off...VIOLA there are your stomach muscles!!

Believe ME, if there were a way I would have found it by now! I have researched this subject for 6 months. Even tried some of those..do this exercise and tummy will disappear.

Guess what, na ah, not till mr fat moves his slimy butt out!!

have a great day!

your doing an awesome job:flowerforyou:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Thank you very much for your :flowerforyou: help re Stomach Fat. I walk about 3 miles a day ( with our two dogs) I am a housekeeper so burn a good few calories, going up and down three flights of stairs at least 5 times a day with ALL of my cleaning equipment,washing,ironing,shopping,cooking and everthing else that goes with being a housekeeper and then go home and do my own home, so getting lots of excercise but am finding it very difficult to get rid of that last bit of stomach fat.:angry:
    Thanks again.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for:grumble:but while we are here we might as well dance :drinker: !"
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    the last few have been there longer....they dont want to leave the party!!

it really does stink, those last few.:angry::grumble:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Are you getting your heart rate up walking? I have a golden retriever and she has to walk fast and the only time we stop is to do what she needs to do. I have a neighbor who walks her dog and they stop so the dog can sniff, sniff some more..... Nice for the dog but not any cardio happening.

I know you said you can't run (that is what helped me & my stomach) Try changing up your walk to add bursts of fast walking then a regular pace. prevention.com has some good articles on walking and walking programs.

All the housecleaning is good for extra but it's not cardio and cardio is what you need to burn fat.