More than halfway there

Options
MelissaL582
MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
Well, I was going to post my halfway pictures when I got to that point. Turns out, I'm more than halfway. I picked up a new scale this morning and found out I lost 9lbs since August 6th when I weighed in at 199 lbs. I was actually nervous about buying a new scale. The thought of "what if I actually gained weight?" crossed my mind several times. I guess that's normal, right?

Now I can finally show people that if I can do it , you can do it too. I didn't step a foot into a fitness center. I did my cardio at home, in my livingroom with my 3 young children running around. I walked around my neighborhood when I had "ME" time or with my family. I told myself no more excuses and that's what I've done and what I'll continue to do.

My goal from the beginning was to finally be the "smaller" sister. My sister is 2 years younger than me and she has ALWAYS ALWAYS been the "smaller" sister. Well, damn it..it's my turn! I've decided to stop posting pictures on Facebook where she can see my progress. I want my sister's jaw to hit the floor when I see her this Thanksgiving.

To my fellow MFPers who are struggling out there, just remember that it takes time to lose the weight. No quick fixes, no over night miracles. This is a lifestyle change. You don't have to cut out all the foods you love, just have a smaller portion and chug that water. You got this!

Picnikcollage-21.jpg

facecollage-small.jpg

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love that you pointed out how you did all of this at home with your 3 kids running around! I only have one son, but I have managed to exercise with him and even get him interested in Tennis and Running at the age of 5! Love it!
  • peddlepusher
    Options
    You look great! Your sister will be amazed!
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    Thank you!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    face timeline = OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shoglunds
    shoglunds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Thank you for sharing!!! It is wonderful to see another success story!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey to a healthy you! :happy:
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    WOW, you look really great. Congrats on your success so far. :happy:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    And....I am gonna say it BOOYAH....little sis!!! You have done an amazing job and I know you will get to your goal!! I am VERY proud of you and am glad I am on this journey with you!! Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!! You look great!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    What program do you have to post pics side by side like that?
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And by good, I mean insanely great. :) Well done!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    You have made such good progress and look fantastic. I bet your sis will be jealous :)
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    What program do you have to post pics side by side like that?

It's a free site called picnik.com
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That's my girl!!!!!
  • CurvyFresherFC
    CurvyFresherFC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fab! I'm sure your sister will be amazed! :) Congratulations are in order for your persistance (I love it how you have never set foot in a fitness centre!) and I'm LOVING the facial timeline, you can really see the inches falling off! :) Well done!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WOW Melissa, I can really tell you've lost weight. Your last face pic shows a considerable difference. I kind of fell of the band wagon these last two months, :ohwell: but you are going to motivate my butt!!! I am going to do it too!!!!! I don't have time at the gym with me taking three college classes, but I am going to fit in exercise. :wink:
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    Well done, you look fab! I'm sure your sister will be amazed! :) Congratulations are in order for your persistance (I love it how you have never set foot in a fitness centre!) and I'm LOVING the facial timeline, you can really see the inches falling off! :) Well done!

You know, for the longest time I made the excuse that I couldn't lose weight because I couldn't afford a gym membership. That was a bunch of bologna! I was afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone. Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • MelissaL582
    Options
    WOW Melissa, I can really tell you've lost weight. Your last face pic shows a considerable difference. I kind of fell of the band wagon these last two months, :ohwell: but you are going to motivate my butt!!! I am going to do it too!!!!! I don't have time at the gym with me taking three college classes, but I am going to fit in exercise. :wink:

Raine, you are one busy mama! I know you have a mission with finishing your degree and dropping those pounds. You are going to kick butt for sure! You are one of my biggest supporters! ♥
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Making people's jaws drop is SUCH a gratifying experience!!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    you look awesome and congrats!!!
    I love this quote too "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results." - Kenneth Blanchard" mind if i borrow it!! :bigsmile:
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow you look like a different person. well done on your loss. im sure your sister will be so happy to see the change in you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!