permanent makeup

Options
2»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    im so glad to see so much support! as much as i want it, from these perspectives im seeing what a silly thing it is to want when someone who really loves me for who i am thinks it isnt necessary at all! if he loves me daily without eyeliner, then i shouldnt have a need for it.

even though i would like to have it, i think its such a minor thing that if it bothers him...ill let him have this one.

maybe ill wait for permanent eyeliner when im 40 and losing my looks ;} (lmao jk)

OMG you just totally depressed me. I'm 43 . . .
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I know a girl who has permanent make up and it looks really good. I'd consider doing it, if you want it done- go for it, It sounds like your hubby is supportive either way.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm all for tattoos but permanent make up just seems silly to me.

If you don't have time to apply make up ( the #1 reason I don't wear it that often) then you don't need it that bad.

Not the mention that it's something free that your mom won. I can't imagine you'll get amazing work done for free.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You absolutely have the right to do what you want. HOWEVER: I work in an assisted living community, and let me just tell you this:

You do NOT want to see that stuff after 50 years! Skin moves around, and inks (and skin pigmentation) fade. If it comes to that, styles change, too. Think of it this way: Would you want to see an 80-year-old woman with hot pink tattooing around where her lips used to be and ice blue stripes across her eyelids? I don't either, but I do every weekday! :-)

Cheers!
    THIS!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    you should get this done :)

eyebrow20tattoos20gone2.jpg

totally rofl'd. I second this!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The thing for me would be, makeup styles change, your own style changes... I wouldn't be comfortable with it for me. I love tattoos and piercings, but I don't think that I would permanently want eyeliner on. What if you dye your hair and want to use a different color of eyeliner.. hmm.

Same here! I wear eyeliner pretty much every day, but I like to play around with my make-up. Some days I might want to wear a brightly coloured liner instead, and I wouldn't want the permanent liner showing through. Some days I might wear bold lipstick and not want to emphasize my eyes with liner at all...