Wow Be Brand specfic

butchc45
butchc45 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
I sure have noticed that Brands make a difference in calories. Lazy or close enough isnt a good idea I lost 50 calories by using the actual as I figured (foolishly) it didnt matter.

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Yep, always best to double check. Usually if there are several confirmations it is good to go, but not always. I get alittle frustrated with the amount of entries that people didn't bother to list the sodium. Maybe not important for some but very important for others.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Close enough has worked for me, I've lost 45 pounds and I'm not too bothered about brands. If the one I use is there I will pick it but often it's not and that's fine by me.
    But then, I cook most of my own meals so fruit and veggies and meat and chicken aren't usually branded. I guess if you live off processed stuff it might add up.
    I also think that all of our food entries (and exercise too) are estimates and that the under-estimates should cancel out the over-estimates.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    You have to watch your poultry items also! Perdue has "perfect portion all natural" chicken that is NOT flavor enhanced, and "perfect portion" that IS flavor enhanced....the packages are nearly identical! Watch the label (small print) on any poultry for "enhanced", "injected", "seasoned"...etc, it is all added sodium and chemicals.
This discussion has been closed.