% vs. mg for nutrition values

Options
When I am entering nutrition information for Vitamins A&C and Iron and Calcium, some of the information is listed as mg and some is listed as % based on 2000 calories per day. If the item I have lists mg, and the place where I'm listing has %, do I need to make a conversion, and if so, how do I convert it? I'm obviously not a math whiz here. :blushing:

Thanks.

Bobbie

Replies

• Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When I am entering nutrition information for Vitamins A&C and Iron and Calcium, some of the information is listed as mg and some is listed as % based on 2000 calories per day. If the item I have lists mg, and the place where I'm listing has %, do I need to make a conversion, and if so, how do I convert it? I'm obviously not a math whiz here. :blushing:

Thanks.

Bobbie
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Just bumping to see if anyone knows. Thanks.

Bobbie
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't help you because I'm not sure how to convert it either...I've only run into this problem a few times, and since I don't actively track my vitamins and minerals other than sodium, I don't worry about it too much...you would need to convert it somehow though...hopefully someone knows how...
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thanks. I was curious about how I was doing with iron and calcium. I take my supplements and know I get some with my food. Oh well. Between the two, I'm sure I'm getting enough. Although, the last time I tried to give blood, my iron was just a tiny bit low to donate. They did tell me that vigorous exorcise can cause that right after you exercise, and I had been to the gym and done a spin class a couple of hours before that.

Bobbie