Think about it.....

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I have been a bit down due to a plateau. I have tried a few things to shake it up, but am just stuck.

I have not given up...I CHOOSE to continue with a healthy lifestyle and stand true to my original comments. "I am eating healthy and exercising, if I lose some weight while doing so, then wonderful!"

Today I went to the walk/job park. I started off as I usually do..walking slowly to John Denver. My spirits lifted a bit. I have the IPOD programmed with songs that fit the pace I want at a certain time, with intervals built in.

When I got about 1/2 mile in Hey Ya came on and I jogged, without thinking, for the entire 3.5 minute song! Hmmm really?

Didnt really hit me at that point....At the end I stretch (SO important!) I was standing there bent from the waist with arms crossed-stretching the hammys and glutes....hmmm are my elbows almost touching the ground???

It really hit me when I grabbed my foot without holding onto anything, and brought that sucker right up to my butt! NO inches in between, no grunting or moaning. Just pure joy at a muscle that has worked very hard and is now being stretched!!

When I bent forward to stretch again, I ran my hand over the new muscles in my leg and was amazed...I stood there with tears running down my face. I am THERE...Ok so I am still chunky, and dont wear a size 5....but I am HEALTHY I have accomplished so much.

Thanks for sharing this moment with me. Dont give up! CHOOSE to eat healthy and exercise today!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    I have been a bit down due to a plateau. I have tried a few things to shake it up, but am just stuck.

I have not given up...I CHOOSE to continue with a healthy lifestyle and stand true to my original comments. "I am eating healthy and exercising, if I lose some weight while doing so, then wonderful!"

Today I went to the walk/job park. I started off as I usually do..walking slowly to John Denver. My spirits lifted a bit. I have the IPOD programmed with songs that fit the pace I want at a certain time, with intervals built in.

When I got about 1/2 mile in Hey Ya came on and I jogged, without thinking, for the entire 3.5 minute song! Hmmm really?

Didnt really hit me at that point....At the end I stretch (SO important!) I was standing there bent from the waist with arms crossed-stretching the hammys and glutes....hmmm are my elbows almost touching the ground???

It really hit me when I grabbed my foot without holding onto anything, and brought that sucker right up to my butt! NO inches in between, no grunting or moaning. Just pure joy at a muscle that has worked very hard and is now being stretched!!

When I bent forward to stretch again, I ran my hand over the new muscles in my leg and was amazed...I stood there with tears running down my face. I am THERE...Ok so I am still chunky, and dont wear a size 5....but I am HEALTHY I have accomplished so much.

Thanks for sharing this moment with me. Dont give up! CHOOSE to eat healthy and exercise today!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    First of all you are AWESOME!:flowerforyou:

Second of all, You are NOT chunky. :angry: I know you are joking, but still.

Third of all, I just adore you. You are such an awesome cheerleader and I am so glad I have this time with you. You crack me up, you encourge me, you just rock. Leading by example. You are just incredible.

Way to go!:drinker: You are rockin it my friend! We are so going to hit A1A together.

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    First of all you are AWESOME!:flowerforyou:

Second of all, You are NOT chunky. :angry: I know you are joking, but still.

Third of all, I just adore you. You are such an awesome cheerleader and I am so glad I have this time with you. You crack me up, you encourge me, you just rock. Leading by example. You are just incredible.

Way to go!:drinker: You are rockin it my friend! We are so going to hit A1A together.

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Beach pix....:smokin: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Awesome! A true testiment to the fact that the scale isnt the important part. Most of us will do well to keep this post in mind when we dont see what we want on the scale ) Great work!
  • Ammmmmmazing Post!!!!!!

I am sooo happy for you!:smooched:

~Mel
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    You have a lovely happiness about you.....just one of those things that can make a person smile to see even if it is on the computer and a thousand plus miles away. :smile:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Darling, you are SOOOO freaking positive, you even made ME feel great today! I am really proud of you for seeing all you HAVE accomplished instead of being like I have this week and concentrating on how far I still have to go. Kudos to YOU!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    th_smalldancingman.gif oh Jeannie ..so happy for you...Carl's right...your personality shines through the pC.....you're such a lovely person and I'm so proud of you & to call you my Friend...so very proud of you for pushing forward even when the stinkin scale says you're not!:grumble: who does that scale think he is anyhow!!:grumble: :laugh: :bigsmile:

spyguy has got it right! the scale is a tool, but how we feel, can now move our bodies...that's the real ticket!!

:smooched: You Rock, ...congrats on 'feeling it'!!!!!!!! Great job:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    great post!!!! and you are totally inspiring, and soooooo right! who cares your not a size 5. your are smoking hot and super fit and healthy!!!!!

keep up th good work, so you can keep the rest of us going!:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thank you!!! We all need reminders like this from time to time.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    You have a lovely happiness about you.....just one of those things that can make a person smile to see even if it is on the computer and a thousand plus miles away. :smile:
    I 100% agree with Carl!:heart: You are an amazing woman who always has inspiring and encouraging words for everyone...I am so happy for you and very proud to share your "moment" with you!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
    You rock Jeannie!!:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    You guys are all so sweet! I just hope 1 person stops today and looks at how far they have come. :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I just did, Jeannie! :heart: You are inspiring in so many ways.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    You're an inspiration. :flowerforyou: I've been feeling pretty low the past few days, but reading your post really put things in a different perspective for me. :heart: Today, instead of looking at how far I've got to go, I'm going to look at how far I've come. :smile: God bless you! And, keep it up! :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

Dont give up! CHOOSE to eat healthy and exercise today!!

I needed that! :heart:

You're doing great & looking beautiful! :smooched:

Thanks for sharing that moment with us! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    You guys are all so sweet! I just hope 1 person stops today and looks at how far they have come. :flowerforyou:
    me too me too:drinker: So often we look at what we're NOT doing right...instead of focusing on how far we've come... :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Positive energy can take a person so very far:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: .

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I will come back and read often. How can we go wrong with Ladies like you. This is what it is all about. I haven't found it yet but I am sure closer to it now in sprits than I was yesterday What a picker upper----Marie

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!