Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Anyone heard of a heart rate monitor that doesn't require a strap around your chest? I find them uncomfortable.

I wish the watch alone could read your heart rate. Makes sense considering your wrist has a pulse.

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Depends on the chest strap. The newer ones that comes with the Garmins now are nice - I can't even feel it. But then again, I'm a girl and am used to having a bra strap around my body all day long - so maybe that's why...
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    And they do make the ones that don't require a chest strap - but they're not nearly as accurate.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is what I have I LOVE it, it has a chest strap and I was under the impression the ones without aren't as accurate???
    Anyway the chest strap with mine is comfortable however I guess it would be more noticeable for guys...didn't really think of that since they aren't used to wearing bras already lol
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    my husband uses the Polar FT4 while mountain biking and mowing the lawn!....he doesn't seem to mind. Different for everyone I guess. Best of Luck :)