Excedrine...does it work?

I tried Xenedrine and just kinda got busy and forgot to take it but i still have a whole bottle.. should I start back on them? has anyone taken them?

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Excedrine? For migraines? I take them for bad headaches, but if you're talking about using them for weight loss... good luck. They have caffeine, but unless you're popping one every 5 or 10 minutes, the small amount of caffeine probably won't really help with weight loss...
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Isn't Excedrine a headache reliever???

Do you mean Zenadrine the diet pill? That would make more sense.
  • I'm so lost on this post...do you mean the Excedrine? Or something else?
  • It is awesome if you have a killer headache, but if you are taking it for sore muscles, I think Advil works better.
    Be careful taking Excedrin because it has aspirin in it which is good if you have heart problems, but it can make you bruise easier because it thins out the blood a bit. It also has a small amount of caffeine to help speed it into your system faster, so I wouldn't suggest taking it just before bed if you are sensitive to caffeine (don't want to stay awake all night).
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Perhaps you mean Ephedrine?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    All I know is they're for headaches THIIIISSSSSS BIG!
  • kmaclpn
    kmaclpn Posts: 59 Member
    i actually mean xenedrine haha opps.. the weight loss pill
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    If you don't mind your heart racing wildly, but be careful. Otherwise, slow and steady wins the race. Good luck on your journey!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    sounds like you're poised to make a well informed decision about what to put in your body.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    All I know is they're for headaches THIIIISSSSSS BIG!

That's so adorable I actually said "AWWWWW!!!"
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I like to cut up my Xenadrine, Stackers, and Phen-fen and do a big old rail to get it straight into the system. Then I chase it with a wet line of Excedrine when my veins get constricted enough to cause a stroke, that way I'll be A-OK to do it again in the next 15 minutes.
  • kmaclpn
    kmaclpn Posts: 59 Member
    wow................ thats MFP support? i was just asking I had no clue people were comparing it to a line of cocaine...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    wow................ thats MFP support? i was just asking I had no clue people were comparing it to a line of cocaine...

You'll have to learn to ignore a huge number of people on this website who seem to enjoy poking fun without answering the question.

I have never personally taken this pill, but I would say that you don't really need them. In order to lose weight safely, you need to cut calories and preferably add some exercise as well. Anything like a diet pill that you put into your body is bound to have some sort of side effects that you don't want. Some of those pills have ingredients that I can't even pronounce, and I certainly wouldn't trust them to do anything good inside my body.

I would just keep your diet on a consistent level where you are eating a calorie deficit and toss some exercise into the mix a few times a week. If you keep at it, you will lose the weight, and you will be more happy with yourself if you do it this way cause instead of saying "I took __enter weight loss drug here__ and lost weight" you can say "I worked hard, changed my eating habits, and lost weight while at the same time learning to take care of myself with exercise and eat the foods that will sustain me later in life."

:flowerforyou:

PS: I have taken other similar things in the past...and none of them did what they were supposed to...but diet and exercise worked every time.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I bought some once a long time ago when I was desperate for a quick solution. By about 2pm on the first day I felt so bad I never took another one ever again. I was light-headed/dizzy, my chest felt both tight and like it was going to explode at the same time and I felt sick to my stomach. Nothing was worth that so I tossed the rest of the jar.

Since them I've done a lot of reading on diet/weight loss pills and the only that ones I've ever seen that are ever consistently rated as effective by private party research are either prescription pills or cost around $100-$150 a bottle. And every over the counter/drug store level one is rated as more dangerous to ones health than it's worth.

So I'd suggest hitting the Internet and doing some reading of the impartial reviews that are out there (I.e. Not from their site or ant sponsored sites) and see if the risks outweigh the possible consequences to you. Ultimately, no matter what any of our experiences/feelings are it's got to come down to what you feel you are willing to do for weight loss.