How to cut back on (natural) sugar??

I have changed my diary carbs/proteins/etc around and have found I am over on sugar nearly every day... How do I cut back so much?

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    I have changed my diary carbs/proteins/etc around and have found I am over on sugar nearly every day... How do I cut back so much?

Switch your specialty coffee drinks out for black coffee and the juice with water. I found that I was constantly over on sugar due to the amount of raw fruit I was eating. I noticed that even the natural sugar was making my belly fat worse after nearly reaching my goal weight. I switched a lot of my fruit with veggies and now my belly fat is shrinking again. Fruit is good for you but fruit juice is not. Good luck!
  • Sugar comes in so many forms...I'm sure you know that some are better than others. Processed sugar (sugar cane, corn syrup, high fructose...) are all out of my plan right now (I'm also cutting sugar and carbs). The only sugar I have right now is in my fruit, and I limit the fruit I am eating. For example: I won't have more than 2 or 3 fruits in a day, and the ones I choose are not the ones that are super high in sugar content (grapes are really sugary, for example). I replace carbs with protein and veggies. This seems to be helping a good deal.
    And for any sweetening, I use Truvia (which is a combination between stevia and xylitol, both are not related to sugar and are healthy for you).
    All the best,