Hope to learn tips from all of you already loosing weight

Options
i decided to join because I have to loose at least 75-85 lbs minimum. I have an auto immune disease that had destroyed my own liver. If I do not get BMI below 35 I can not even be considered for a transplant. So I guess it's do or die you could say.

Replies

• Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good on you for deciding to do something about. This is a great site. The best advise ever given to me was this "There is so much conflicting information out there. Find what works for you and try not to judge what works for others"

If you want honest support feel free to add me
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wow - I feel for you! If you're looking for friends to help support you in this effort, feel free to add me.
  • kypin00
    kypin00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As already stated, good for you! Remember you can do anything you put your mind to, start slow and work your way into it. Find something you ENJOY doing for exercise and you'll have more fun and find you lose more weight. If you don't start seeing the weight drop right away, don't get discouraged. If your're doing ANYTHING to exercise then it's helping you.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    You can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend too. Best tips I've collected are (1) log each day no matter what, even log the bad days (2) small changes are big changes (3) do some strength training to make muscles in order to burn fat faster.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Focus in the long term, don't focus on quick weight loss. Focus on "developing habits" for weight loss, it's not going to happen over night, but once you have them you will be set for life. Even if it takes 2-3yrs to develop the habits. For my exercise, i started just walking 10mins a day(that's nothing) untill i started to do it automatically, then i started to work on increasing time. Same goes for diet.

Diet and exercise is a form of stress on the body, do too much exercise, or do a very low calorie diet, your body will fight you all the way. So take your time. DONT, REALLY DONT focus too much on the scale, use measuring tape to track your progress, weight can change daily.

The ultimate key is let go of expectations, you can't control how fast you lose weight, or by when you lose so much, all you have control over is what you eat and when you exercise. If you lose 2lbs a month, then don't worry about it, that's better than 0. When you start to add expectations, "i want to lose 10lbs in a month" and you only lose 5lbs... that leads to dissapointment and frustation which will lead to failure.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Focus in the long term, don't focus on quick weight loss. Focus on "developing habits" for weight loss, it's not going to happen over night, but once you have them you will be set for life. Even if it takes 2-3yrs to develop the habits. For my exercise, i started just walking 10mins a day(that's nothing) untill i started to do it automatically, then i started to work on increasing time. Same goes for diet.

Diet and exercise is a form of stress on the body, do too much exercise, or do a very low calorie diet, your body will fight you all the way. So take your time. DONT, REALLY DONT focus too much on the scale, use measuring tape to track your progress, weight can change daily.

The ultimate key is let go of expectations, you can't control how fast you lose weight, or by when you lose so much, all you have control over is what you eat and when you exercise. If you lose 2lbs a month, then don't worry about it, that's better than 0. When you start to add expectations, "i want to lose 10lbs in a month" and you only lose 5lbs... that leads to dissapointment and frustation which will lead to failure.

Wonderful advice and so true!

I would be happy to share anything that I have done or am doing that might help you; send that friend request on over!