a belated re-introduction

Options
janiebeth
janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
Hi all,

I am not entirely new, but took a few months off (probably around 8 months) and I have the extra pounds to prove it.. :grumble: :grumble:

I am a working mom with a very supportive and loving DH and 2 DDs (12 and 9). When I am not working or taking care of my family (when is that?) I like to ride horses. I've done most things, but have settled into training dressage and an occasional cross country course and stadium jumping. I am currently between horses, as my current ride is retiring after about 5 years of carrying me around and over 20 years of carrying others. She has earned her time in the pasture. I am hoping to pick up a new horse in the spring, but would like to get down to a more reasonable weight. No one should have to carry more than they need to..

My DDs are both on a swim team, so I get to cheer (and occasionally time events) at swim meets some weekends, and attend practises several days a week. I will most likely join the Masters program (masters for age, not ability - trust me) in our swim club in January. If I am going to sit there for 2.5 hours, I may as well work out. My oldest DD also is on the school varsity girls basketball team. We don't often win, but we cheer louder than any other team.. :blushing: :blushing:

As for me, I have been various degrees of overweight for most of my life. Lately, I have been approaching dangerous territory for BMI measurements and am a little frightened, as diabetes runs pretty strong in my family (both parents, and 4 out of 6 siblings - not me, so far - and as long as I can help it..).

I have been back logging my food for a few weeks now and have already seen results. I am also working with one of the fitness trainers at work - mostly just to track that I get my big *kitten* down to the fitness center at least a couple of times a week. It is helpful just to know you will have to explain to someone if you don't - especially someone who could kick your butt.. :laugh: :laugh:

Enough about me, glad to be back and see some familiar faces.. Looking forward to resuming the journey with you all.

Thanks, Janiebeth

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am not entirely new, but took a few months off (probably around 8 months) and I have the extra pounds to prove it.. :grumble: :grumble:

I am a working mom with a very supportive and loving DH and 2 DDs (12 and 9). When I am not working or taking care of my family (when is that?) I like to ride horses. I've done most things, but have settled into training dressage and an occasional cross country course and stadium jumping. I am currently between horses, as my current ride is retiring after about 5 years of carrying me around and over 20 years of carrying others. She has earned her time in the pasture. I am hoping to pick up a new horse in the spring, but would like to get down to a more reasonable weight. No one should have to carry more than they need to..

My DDs are both on a swim team, so I get to cheer (and occasionally time events) at swim meets some weekends, and attend practises several days a week. I will most likely join the Masters program (masters for age, not ability - trust me) in our swim club in January. If I am going to sit there for 2.5 hours, I may as well work out. My oldest DD also is on the school varsity girls basketball team. We don't often win, but we cheer louder than any other team.. :blushing: :blushing:

As for me, I have been various degrees of overweight for most of my life. Lately, I have been approaching dangerous territory for BMI measurements and am a little frightened, as diabetes runs pretty strong in my family (both parents, and 4 out of 6 siblings - not me, so far - and as long as I can help it..).

I have been back logging my food for a few weeks now and have already seen results. I am also working with one of the fitness trainers at work - mostly just to track that I get my big *kitten* down to the fitness center at least a couple of times a week. It is helpful just to know you will have to explain to someone if you don't - especially someone who could kick your butt.. :laugh: :laugh:

Enough about me, glad to be back and see some familiar faces.. Looking forward to resuming the journey with you all.

Thanks, Janiebeth