Weekend weight gain

Options
Bean615
Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
So it is friday, i weighed 140 this morning. However, i know i will definately gain some weight back by Monday, as i always do. This weekend i am not going to drink and see if that helps. I know drinking plays a huge role in my binge eating on the weekend. When i have a hangover the only thing i want to do is eat. anyone else on the same boat as me?

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am with you!!! I did this for almost a year and yo-yo'd with weight until I cut it back to once on the weekend...not all weekend. Now the weight is coming back off
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink your water too....that might help.....I know that's my problem.....I drown myself drinking water at the office all week and then on weekends I seem to drink hardly any at all....but I'm working on it....
  • temps91
    temps91 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can't eat with a hangover, but tend to get a takeaway after being out drinking - bad move!
  • bride71412
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I do so well during the week, then as soon as I have a drink or two all my inhibitions go out the window and I feel like I am starving and can eat whatever I want. So then I eat pizza or taco bell or some other junk at 2 in the morning, which is why I've gained weight since I turned 21. But I agree with rpamball, I'm trying to cut back to just once a week, but it's kind of difficult because I have friends that want to go out every night and I feel bad saying no. Another part of my problem is if I know that I'm going out drinking and out to eat at night, during the day I'm like what's the point of eating healhy? So I feel like since the night is going to ruin my diet I might as well just eat whatever I want during the day. I definitely need to work on that! This will be my first weekend since I've started trying to lose weight for my wedding, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm going to try to cut back a little this weekend on the drinking, and take JesaGrace's advice with the water. I will just drink water after coming home from a night out instead of going to get a ton of food.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    So it is friday, i weighed 140 this morning. However, i know i will definately gain some weight back by Monday, as i always do. This weekend i am not going to drink and see if that helps. I know drinking plays a huge role in my binge eating on the weekend. When i have a hangover the only thing i want to do is eat. anyone else on the same boat as me?

I'm the same way I drink a lot on the weekend.... I try not to munch on anything while I drink but it's impossible for me :drinker:
  • cactusjon
    cactusjon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yep - I have exactly the same thing. I've tried going out and staying on the diet sodas, but its just not the same :(

Unfortunately for me alcohol leads to kebabs. Not good.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I am with you!!! I did this for almost a year and yo-yo'd with weight until I cut it back to once on the weekend...not all weekend. Now the weight is coming back off

I agree with you...you should probably only do a drink night once over the weekend and go for a walk on one of the days. that should level you out. I completely feel you on the drinking though. But I usually end up just relaxing, drinking and eating late and figure I have to do double time during the week to make up for it.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! The day after a good drunk always means food, food & more food! And usually not any of the good kind! Oh well, life goes on. For me, I am not giving up everything - it's not like it's an all the time thing and I still workout hard enough during the week to lose weight.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I try to calculate those drink calories into my daily intake. That means I will have to skip a meal if I want to do that. I also try to find the lowest calorie drinks as well.
    Try eating popcorn if you are at home. That has a lot less calories than other junk food. As others mentioned, water helps a lot. I'm thinking most of your weight gain is just water retention due to the high sodium in junk food. I know for me after a couple of days I'm back to where I was before the weekend.
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options

Sometimes I wish I would work 7 days a week so I wouldn't have those weekend temptations haha!!