September food challenge (open group)

Options
2»

Replies

• bbjnkidz
    bbjnkidz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll jump on the bandwagon! I haven't lost anything in the last few weeks - even put on two pounds:embarassed: . I'm looking forward to this to help me over this hump.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But I'm baby-stepping it, starting out at Level 2.

True Story: The spreadsheet roped me in.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    did i miss the instructions on the levels?????:sad:
  • jtalbot06
    jtalbot06 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. I have gotten off track and this is a great way to get back in the game!!
  • jtalbot06
    jtalbot06 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

On the google docs spreadsheet, there is a tab at the bottom that shows the challenge levels!
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    I'm down! Count me in!!

We should use this thread to keep each other accountable, and we can use this google doc that I have set up to record our results each day (or each week).

For every day that each person completes the challenge each week, you get a STAR!!

Check it out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US

Let me know if you like this idea!!!

******Ralph**** I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you said "Share War Stories" because this is true, we are fighting a battle with food addictions. We love sugar, salt, flour, refined processed foods. That is why companies like Lays, Coca-Cola, and Kraft foods are worth so much (in company value). They have refined the art of marketing, of making us buy more, of making us eat more than just one....we are fighting subliminal messages in the media, and we are fighting all the chemicals they put in the food to make us ADDICTED TO IT!!

However, truly, in the end, we are fighting ourselves. Because WE MAKE THE DECISION, whether concious or not, TO PUT THAT CHIP IN OUR MOUTH.

So C'MON EVERYONE! Let's fight this together and use each other for support!

We can use this thread to write to each other, and use the google docs to record our successes and view each other's prorgress.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON THE CHART.

IT WILL GO "LIVE" SEPTEMBER 1, so if you want to join, ADD YOUR NAME TO THE CHART and hit SAVE!

Here it is again:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US

Nice Chart & Excellent Idea !

Thanks for the invite. You rock!!
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    Hello crazy people!!

Ok great - that is 10 of us! We may pick up a couple more but that will be a good size.

I will be putting out the Food Challenge guidelines tomorrow but in the mean time I would like everyone to think of what their individual food plan for the month will be. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want be recognize that it us going to bevyhe heart of this challenge so be reasonable. Examples of food plans include no processed sugar, wheat or fats, 2000 calories max a day, only eat when sitting at a table, only eat 3x per day, no eating after 8 pm, etc...

The will be some rules on minimum calories, water consumption and how to tray calories burned in exercise but that will come tomorrow. I like some if the ideas posted here and that you have emailed me - thank you. I will put my suggestions out tomorrow.

Think about your food plans - and please, the core if this challenge is HONESTY. Please be prepared to put the truth out there. We can do this. but we can only do it as a team!

Let's ROCK!!!

You're right. HONESTY is the key... It is so easy to lie to ourselves and in the end, who loses? I'm willing to go all the way if I have to, and by that, I mean I'll post youtube videos of myself on a scale to prove my results. Keep this promise.
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    I'm down for counting the calories an trying to eat naturally, but no fats? What does that mean? We need healthy fats...??

Thanks, Beila, for the spreadsheet - great idea!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

On the google docs spreadsheet, there is a tab at the bottom that shows the challenge levels!

thanks
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...
    My name is Sandy and I am a 46 yo aussie living in HK.

I have been on a plateau for the past 3-4 weeks - so this challenge might be a good way to get the scales moving again....

I have signed up for level 5 commitment and I think the hardest two things for me will be
    - No alcohol.
    - No eating 2 hours before I sleep.

But anyway - Im very happy to give this a shot !!!

Good luck to everyone......

:smile:
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I HAVE ADDED MYSELF TO THIS CHALLENGE. MY BIRTHDAY IS IN ONE MONTH AND A HALF I WOULD LIKE TO COME DOWN SOME MORE BEFORE THEN. LET'S SEE HOW THIS GOES. THIS IS INDEED THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE. THANX!!!!!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm in guys. Maybe this is what I need to get better on my eating and food selections. Great idea Ralph and the Google spreadsheet is fantastic too.
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    ABOUT ME:

I just finished my very first colonic yesterday afternoon. Nothing strange or weird came out, but I know that there may be toxins still lingering in my body from binging, overeating, eating processed and fried foods earlier this year (like around Jan-March). I had a binging problem and I FINALLY broke the cycle and will NEVER BINGE AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Many things have inspired me: Bethenny Frankel (former cast member on Real Housewives of NYC) and her books "Naturally Thin" and "A Place of Yes". In her "Naturally Thin" book, she said has laid out simple rules to follow, one of which is "GET REAL", meaning, eat whole foods, organic foods, and REAL FOODS, not that heavily processed, "subpar" food, that we call "snacks" and are packaged in fancy colored bags or packages to catch our attention at the market.

REAL FOODS = FOODS THAT ARE CLOSEST TO THEIR NATURAL STATE

An apple looks like an apple (not apple sauce or pie). A potato looks like a potato (not a chip). Eat foods closest to their natural state and you will lose more weight. That is so simple, and yet we overlook that fact every day in our lives as we struggle to lose weight, workout harder in gyms, and take supplements to cut the fat and increase metabolism.

Our body CRAVES natural foods, that is why we CRAVE food, because our body CRAVES certain nutrients, and our body is constantly telling ourselves that we are hungry for more more more, and we search for more more more junk, but yet, we are picking the wrong food. If we fed ourselves natural unprocessed foods, we would not keep craving more more more junk, but would be satisfied with the natural foods filled with the nutrients that our body craved in the first place!

So about me....lol...I haven't even begun....

I'm a pre-physician assistant student, (currently applying for fall 2011 classes), and I'm a part time work at home marketer for a commercial real estate management company for senior housing. Blah blah....yeah boring.

I am single, 31, and LOVING my life now that I have found ways to achieve anything I want out of life (for more info read "A PLACE OF YES" by Bethenny Frankel!)

I am cutting out ALL dairy, meats (except seafood), and gluten.

I also maintain the spreadsheet for this challenge, so if you don't like something, tell me why and how I can change it. :)
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    '
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    THE SEPTEMBER FOOD CHALLENGE FORUM HAS NOW OPENED. PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING SITE FOR TEAM RULES AND THIS WEEKS FOOD CHALLENGE:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332112-team-weapons-of-mass-reduction-september-forum-1

COME ON EVERYONE - LETS MAKE SEPTEMBER OUR BEST MONTH EVER!

rALPH
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Love this! Here's my About Me:

My name is Jenny. I am a 30-year-old mother of three great kids. Ian is 12, Noah is 9, and Olivia is 3. I am a full time radiography student, and I work part-time at an antique shop.

I know nothing about antiques.

I started MFP after I finished nursing my youngest. I also discovered running at the same time. I successfully lost 32lbs pretty quickly through changing my eating habits and working out, but increased time demands led to me taking eating shortcuts and I have gained about 8 of those pounds back.

I've never really fine-tuned my nutrition, and I have a tendency to lie to myself with logging (this is new, I used to log EVERYTHING, I think I am just getting sick of seeing no results.....).

I am currently marathon training and running heavier than I was last summer has definitely taken its toll on my performance.

Working out is not a problem for me. I need to get my nutrition under control and I need to start taking responsibility for the crap I am putting in my mouth. Thanks so much for starting up this group!!

I look forward to watching other people's progress, and hopefully my own!
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    I am ALL in and going to start off at Level #2 and see if that helps me find my will power and motivation again to stick with eating right!! ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH!! =)