A New Start, Again

Options
Hi All,

I stumbled across myfitnesspal today and have to say that I think it's just what I've been looking for.

I'm over 15 stone and getting married this time next year. I don't look 15 stone but my gosh I feel it. I've tried so many diets and just fall off the wagon way too early. I'm they type of person who needs to see everything written down and tracked all the time.

I was going to go back to WW as they have a new tracking App but sadly they don't seem to have it in ROI. I'm really positive about this though so fingers crossed they'll be 4 stone less of me next October.

Libby

Replies

• fronc
    fronc Posts: 41
    Options
    Wahooooo for taking the first step Libby! And Good Luck!!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks Fronc. it's just a matter of keeping that first few days enthusiasm going.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Now or Never!!! First step is always the hardest!! Good Luck on your journey
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    I tooo stumbled across this site. And I too am going to marry next Fall. Keep posting. Make friends. We all have had to start a new and we can do it together!
    Connie
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks RedMuse, Connie. My head is already spinning - so many threads and support conversations. Note to self - MUST. NOT. GET. ADDICTED.
  • JohnnyBSurfing
    Options
    "Both men are right One Man say's he can, one man say's he can't." -Henry Ford.

I don't give advice but here is what I know worked for me:
    After my 43rd Birthday Cruise on Celebrity at the end of January I came home feeling pretty fat and unhappy after just binging on the cruise for 4 days, I was pretty sure I was almost due for a heart attack. I ordered a scale that went up to 500 pounds because I didn't know how much I weighed. So I started at 399.8 pounds.

First I cut out the Sugar I was piling into my coffee and went to Truvia it takes about 2 weeks to get used to it.

Second. I quit putting salt in everything I was cooking and on everything I was eating at the table, fresh ground pepper, and Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning substituted nicely.

My mothers doctor had told her to use an iPhone app that is also available FREE on the internet at www.MyFitnessPal.com I liked it better than Weight Watchers since it was free and because it is open to everyone to add food nutrition to the data base it was easier to use even for recipes I made at home, now it has a scan function so it's even easier. I haven't had anyone that started it use it for more than two weeks. I do it religiously every meal everything that goes in my mouth every day ! Don't wait till the end of the day.

I saw my Doctor and he checked me out top to bottom with EKG heart was good, Cholesterol wasn't as bad as one might expect, so it was clear to work at it.
    The doctor also gave me a perscription for an appetite suppressant to help, and I started going weekly to see him for a B12 MIC shot & weigh in. Some places like MEDI weight loss clinics do this for a very high price but he does this at cost to help out patients who are serious about getting healthy.

I had been going to Aqua Fit classes a couple times a week at LA Fitness, I boosted that to 5-6 times per week, still leaving Sunday as a family day / day of rest & recharge.
    KEY - I also used MFP to track my exercise and that was when I discovered how many calories I burned when I swam for just 10 minutes. I added swimming to my routine after Aqua Fit and built that up to two hours and the progress really kicked in to high gear.

It just naturally followed after some positive results I really tried to add more Vegetables to my diet and really abstained from the highly processed, high sodium, and fast food / junk food calories. I didn't cut out bread but watched it pretty close, starting to make
    choices to go with more high protein or food with more bang for the calories.

This week after dropping 100 + pounds since the start in February I ran two miles on Monday for the first time in 18 years.
    I started swimming in our local U.S. Masters Swimming team program. And I can't tell you how much better I feel, and how much better I feel about myself. I do give all the credit to God for seeing me through and if I die tomorrow that's fine but at least I won't check out because I am not taking care of the precious gift of life that we have all been given.

Best Wishes for a great Wedding and a Happy marriage, that shouldn't really be based on how you look but who you are as a person. But, every Bride wants to look bedazzling on their special day.

It is work but work it you are worth it.

JMH