What's the one thing you have refused to give up?

Options
For me it's my morning cup of coffee!!! I drink the international coffees from maxwell house!! They are sooooooo good and I add a little flavored creamer in it to make it that much better. I count the calories for the coffee, but I don't count the creamer! :tongue:

So what's your weakness?

Replies

• _Rainbow_
    Options
    My weakness is my coke. I can't give it up, I hooked. Although I have cut back to only 3 glasses and increased my water to 10 - 12 cups. I figure it's not too bad.
    :drinker:
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have refused to approach anything as an absolute. I have I have the calories left, I will eat just about anything.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    my coffee with flavored creamer i dont even count it
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Living. I still enjoy holidays and cake on birthdays, beer at the cottage and mini donuts at the fair. I've just learned to compensate with a higher activity level and reduce portion sizes. But I simply REFUSE to put my life on hold and give up making memories with my family and enjoying all that life has to offer.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Salt :( the substitute just don't get it
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "Sweet, sweet beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems "......Homer J.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I have refused to approach anything as an absolute. I have I have the calories left, I will eat just about anything.

same here! As long as i have calories left i'll still eat it :o)
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    2 things: Coffee and alcohol!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee with creamer. I have reduced it to one cup only and I do log in the calories (70).
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    Real pizza. I make my own and it's good but it's not a big NY slice with pepperoni and sausage
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything. I aim for healthier choices and moderation, but if I want it I work it in. This is my life, not a short term diet. I don't know how long I'll be on this earth and I won't spend it feeling deprived. Enjoy every day and every meal, just be conscious of your choices.
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Donuts! I have my 3 frosted and sprinkled donuts every Friday
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i have refused to give up anthing!
    everything in moderation :)
  • Chante88
    Chante88 Posts: 12
    Options
    pizza, ice cream and doritos lol my three weaknesses
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options

Same here. If I tell myself something isn't allowed then I'm just going to crave it until I get it!

I've done that too often in the past (chocolate, cheese etc) and it's just setting myself up to "fail". I would rather have whatever I want, in moderation, and add it to my food diary.
  • PurpleLadyTx
    PurpleLadyTx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coffee - but I drink it black, no creamer OR sweetener so no biggie there calorie-wise; the one thing that is harder for me to give up/control is PASTA !! I love Italian food and continue to try to find ways to enjoy it without blowing my overall calorie intake
  • cnix1980
    Options

This is my approach. I have tried cutting loads of things out, but I end up craving them more than anything else(especially chocolate, im a complete chocoholic) So now if I am craving it I will eat a little piece to keep within my calories.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Coffee and my sugar free creamer. You may want to count the creamer. Depending on how much you put in, it can add up quickly. 2 cups of coffee with 2.5Tbsp each is 155 calories. Just sayin.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, I stay within my calorie goal. Everything in moderation, right? ;)
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    Chocolate! :) Of course!

But really, I don't feel that I've had to completely "give up" anything. I just have to plan for those high-cal foods/drinks a little better. :)