Trying to lose weight again!

Options
Hi Everyone
I've had the myfitnesspal app on my phone for a few weeks now but haven't used it yet, I've finally reached the limit where I don't want to be this heavy anymore ( I'm 18 stone) so I've decided to use this app and really go for it!
I decided I would continue eating the way I always do but track everything that passes my lips and I'm shocked just how many calories I'm eating!
I just hope I can keep it up this time! :happy:

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I started out with the app on my phone. Once I logged online with the computer...it seems more addicting to me. Non-the-less getting any Office work done.. he he...

Welcome to the team! Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The best way for you to start reducing the size of your calorie intake is to reduce your portion. I found that I could consume half of what I could and still feel full. If you still need to cut down further, then attempt to substitute products that have a lower calorie count.

It's all about baby steps.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    hi shelley and welcome, i am sure that as long as you stick with it and focus than you will do great, the tracker is a great tool that helps keep track of what you are eating and what you shouldn't be eating as well and the calories you burned when working out .. if you would like to add me as a friend feel free i sure your journey will be a great one you've done the hardest part and that is deciding that you matter good luck and Godspeed to you ..
  • chattergirl
    Options
    I hear you. I started 2 weeks ago and my heart is discouraged. I need to be serious about it but it seems overwhelming. Keep up the good work adn if you need to chat, feel free! I'm chattergirl!
  • scj0409
    scj0409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started off using the phone app, a really handy tool. Good luck with your weightloss journey - you will get loads of support on MFP. Feel free to add.
  • kristyvere
    kristyvere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here, the app led on to using the website, and now I can't stop using either of them! Good luck with your journey :) xx
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging posts
    I think I'm gonna like it here!