calorie intake

Options
Does anyone just eat their calories/day and not exercise and still lose weight? Or do you have to exercise with the calories they suggest you eat?

Replies

• nursemeg21
    Options
    Does anyone just eat their calories/day and not exercise and still lose weight? Or do you have to exercise with the calories they suggest you eat?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised in quite a while, and I am still losing weight, but I am noticing a dramatic decrease in my energy levels and I am huffing and puffing when I climb a set of stairs again. I burnt out on exercise pretty quickly because I jumped into it head first (i.e. instead of starting small and gradually increasing my activity level, I went from completely sedentary to doing an hour of exercise a day, 7 days a week). You can lose weight without exercise, but exercise plays a huge role in how healthy you are.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i try to just eat my base calories. my trainer said as long as i dont go under 1200 that i will loose weight just fine and my body wont go into starvation mode. when i do go over i know that i can still lose weight cause i have the"extra" calories i got from excercise. when i do eat the excercise calories i try to only eat 1/2.
  • nursemeg21
    Options
    I totally agree. I just find with shift work I don't have the time. Or when I do have time I am too tired. I guess I need to start small and work up to 3-4 days a week. Even if it means waking up super early before I go to work.
    Thanks for the reply and your take on this.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

To be honest, most of my weight was lost with little exercise. But, I must say that I have a very demanding job that keeps me rather busy.
    My New Years Resolution is to add more toning and strengh training into my daily routine. i think I need this more as a stress reliever than anything ( demanding job really stresses me out and really hinders my weight loss)