Wanting to lose weight to get pregnant!

Options
Hi, I'm Tasha,
I currently weigh 254 pounds. I would like to lose 100 pounds eventually. I have done it before and lost 7 stone but put most of it back on again. I live with my husband Pete and cat Chubbs. I am a support worker for adults with a learning disability/challenging behaviours.
I have just turned 30 and I am desperate to have a baby but I just don't feel I can try at the moment as I am worried about the effects of my weight for me and the baby.
I am looking for friends for support and mutual encouragement. I am a binge eater mainly through stress and comfort eating!
Can anyone help?!

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm trying to lose weight before trying to get pregnant again! There is a group here...you can search for the topic "fit for future families." Lots of great support there! Good luck to you!
  • crazynay96
    Options
    Hi Tasha!!!! I'm amy... I've lost 35 of my goal of 89 to go to Disney (and when we come back we'll be TTC). Feel free to friend request me. You can do anything you set your mind to - trust me! Its so much easier with support!!!!!!
  • kristyvere
    kristyvere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh me too! It's sort of reassuring to know I'm not the only one :) I have PCOS and endometriosis, which mean that without losing weight, it's unlikely that I would conceive (and it's funny how every one has a miracle story....). Also PCOS can cause you to carb-load, which makes the PCOS worse, which makes you eat even more carbs..! Really wish I'd thought of this earlier, so well done to you and good luck for your journey! :) xx

If you would like some moral support just add me as a friend and I'll happily talk you out of comfort eating anytime lol
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in the same boat. I'd like to lose some weight before my husband and I try for an other baby. Welcome to MFP!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

Um, I don't think that is what causes babies... ;)

Steve
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305495-fit-for-future-families-august-2011

Come and join the rest of us on the TTC journey. This is a great group of women all working towards the same goals!
  • crazynay96
    Options

Steve

leave it to a man to say something like this... Men have NO idea!
  • tashabradley
    tashabradley Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Steve

Very amusing Steve! I like your style! x
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305495-fit-for-future-families-august-2011

Come and join the rest of us on the TTC journey. This is a great group of women all working towards the same goals!
    Thanks for posting the link! I was on my phone...too much effort to try to post links from there. :)

Definitely ladies, check it out!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    leave it to a man to say something like this... Men have NO idea!

You aren't kidding! I have two kids and I still have no idea! :)