SO TIRED OF GOING PEE!!

Options

Replies

• natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone drinking so much water? I thought the 8 cups a day was a myth and you guys are drinking even more! Isn't too much water also dangerous? Please let me know because if this actually does help lose weight and/or is good for another health reason, I'd like to take advantage of that too!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I never drank much water until the last few weeks and I'm in there constantly. I used to be in there every 30 min. but now its every 10.

That doesn't even mention the fact on how much toliet paper we go thru. lol

OMG the toilet paper!! lmao.. This might be TMI but its also TOM for me and I HAVE to "clean up" after everytime I go to the bathroom, well in the beginning I do.. and OMG im using up all my stuff so fast! lol
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I haven't been taking a challenge, but I have been trying to up my water intake on my own (9 cups on a regular day, and 12 when I work out...) AND - I completely agree! I have been going pee like 6-8 times a day (just during work hours!) ;)
    I feel good about doing it, but I also hope that my body starts to get used to it a little more...

I feel good about doing it too =] I havent even began exercising yet and I already feel a difference in just the last few days! What I am worried about is having to pee while im exercising.. lmao.. I dont wanna have to stop every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom.. people at the gym are going to start to wonder what the heck im doing!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone drinking so much water? I thought the 8 cups a day was a myth and you guys are drinking even more! Isn't too much water also dangerous? Please let me know because if this actually does help lose weight and/or is good for another health reason, I'd like to take advantage of that too!

Here are some of the benefits:

The functions of water in human body are vital. The water:

•Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
    •Moisturizes the air in lungs
    •Helps with metabolism
    •Protects our vital organ
    •Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
    •Regulates body temperature
    •Detoxifies
    •Protects and moisturizes our joints
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    i feel ya. sometimes i pee so much i get scared nd think i have diabetes. Or worse, a kidney problem.....

oh goodness! Well I really hope not! I hope your just drinking lots of water =]
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Started trying to drink more water yesterday and went to the bathroom SO many times! I even had to get up a couple of times in the night!

Yea, when I wake up in the morning its like the Hoover Dam just busted. lmao. I dont wake up at night to go.. IDK how im not wetting the bed with how bad I have to pee when I wake up lmao..
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Time for a restroom break! ;)
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I have always maintained that the weight loss associated with drinking more water is due to the extra exercise one gets walking to and from the bathroom 98797272 times/day.

I think you may be on to something here lmao! I really dont know exactly how it benefits you.. I have just always been told that its good to drink lots of water (but not too much! lol). Doesnt drinking lots of water flush your system out a little?! Or alot?! haha
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    For me, it's at the point where I'll walk down the hallway of my office and almost everyone remarks, "Going pee again?"

Yes. I am. Thank you for asking.

Yea, me and my mom talk on the phone quite a few times a day.. and everytime she calls I happen to be in the bathroom lmao.. She thinks its hilarious!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I've been drinking over 100 oz of water a day for almost a year and I'm still waiting for my body to adjust. I have to go every 20-30 minutes.
    Unless your body adjusts better than mine did, I say get used to it. ;-)

OH GOOD GOD! My poor poor bladder.. It is going to stop working on me because it already hates me.. If I dont get use to it in over a YEAR I feel it will give up on me lol! Someone said the other day that its not that your body gets use to it.. its that YOU get use to it..
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I just drink a lot of water because I love it!

It's usually the only liquid that I drink aside from the occasional diet pop.

If I don't get a certain amount of water in one day, I don't fret about it. I just drink it as I'm thirsty.
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    just think of all the extra cals you are burning running back and forth to the bathroom! :laugh:

Right?! If I lose 1.5 lbs a week I know where the .5 lb came from lol
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In the newspaper health column by Dr. Peter Gott (he does have a web site) he states that forcing yourself to drink large amounts of water isn't healthy. Water is great as needed and mostly should be used to quench thirst (or in times of exercise as needed), also interesting is that some of the drinks for people participating in sports, etc., are good because they replace the elements lost to the body through heavy sweating during these exercise sessions. Hoping this information is helpful for those who want another opinion on the need for so much water. FG
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Drink smaller amounts of water slowly throughout the day, rather than large amounts all at once.
    Also put lemon and hydration minerals in the water, that way your body will be better able to absorb it into the cells rather than just passing it quickly through the body and expelling with it all your water-soluble vitamins.

Thanks for the tips =] . From what I understand, it sounds better for your body to do it that way anyway?
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    During the day I can handle it. It is the wake me up a couple times at night. Then the dog wants to go out because I'm up..

Oh no!!! lol.. I use to have a dog that would cry and whine if she heard anyone get up to go pee because she wanted to go out too! That was tons of fun!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Haha, a lot of times I'm trapped at my desk all day so I guess going to the bathroom gives me something else to do at work...so maybe it isn't all that bad, :)
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I agree, the poor guys at work must think I have a problem or something...I know my other half hates when I wake up 2-3 times a night to go =( I feel way less bloated though.

So do I! To me that is totally a NSV.. a great motivation boost to start out my new healthy lifestyle!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I've been drinking over 100 oz of water a day for almost a year and I'm still waiting for my body to adjust. I have to go every 20-30 minutes.
    Unless your body adjusts better than mine did, I say get used to it. ;-)

Hahahha exactly.

Guess I better pray my toilet doesnt start charging me then lmao
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    And the whole water intoxication stuff....
    That's if you drink a TON of water all at ONCE.

If you're drinking a few ounces here and there throughout the entire day, it's completely fine. Drinking an entire gallon in 30 seconds is probably NOT fine.

Exactly =] Im definitely not trying to drink half my weight in lbs! I dont even know if I would physically be able to do that in 1 day. lol

oh BRB.. gotta pee!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I just don't drink enough water!! When trying to keep up with the 8 glasses a day I spend the same amount of time in the lu. But I think it is beneficial because on the days I drink a lot I don't eat as much!! So keep it up and you should be proud!

Yea, I use to think people were crazy when they said if you drink more water it will curb your appetite a little. I believe it now! lol