Diet pill? Hydroxycut

Options
Has anybody taken hydroxycut and had good results? I really want it for the energy part to help get me motivated to exercise more. I used it back when I was a senior in high school years ago and had a friend who lost like 20lbs while taking it. But I was just wondering if any of you have had any good or bad experience with it? Thanks! I know it's not a miracle drug, at all. I just need a boost.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works....if you're not concerned about gaining the weight back or possible kidney failure. If you don't mind the possibilities, then good luck. I personally believe in diet and exercise, but maybe I'm just "out of the loop".
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I tried it along time ago..and it did nothing but get me tweeked out from the caffine...i wouldnt suggest using diet pills there not healthy anyway!!!!
  • jragsd
    jragsd Posts: 23
    Options
    bump to read later
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill...Just do what your supposed to do.

Eat less, Move more
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about something more along the lines of a B vitamin supplement?

I've taken it and saw no noticeable difference. I took it when I worked out and ate well and lost weight. I took it when I didn't work out and ate whatever and saw no benefit. I didn't take it and worked out/ate right and lost weight. I didn't take it, didn't work out, didn't eat well and gained.

I think the gaining/loosing has more to do with the associated exercise/diet habits than it does the pill. That said, if it'll get you off your butt, it's probably worth giving it a try.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    UGH! That is all.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Back then it still had ephedra in it, which has since been pulled off the market. Now it's just caffeine in a really pretty bottle.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    there's always meth...

instead of posting this, you should have just shot yourself in the foot...

would have been alot less dramatic. I'm not saying.... I'm just sayin.
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I did it years ago but had to stop taken it .. It was messing with my heart rate and having chest pains ..
    I only seen a 10 pound drop but that was just water weight...
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I used it....it didn't do a damn thing for me. :frown:

I thought it would help me off this plateau, but it didn't do anything at all for me. I wouldnt waste my money, or my heatlh, on it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Slam a giant Red Bull. Costs less and gives you the same heart palpitations.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    there's always meth...

Ahhhhh yes....the meth diet. Works great for losing weight, but you're teeth will fall out (also good for losing weight?) and you'll end up picking your face off. LOL!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I once did, years ago and I ws praying my heart would leap out of my freaking chest already. It was good times.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My sister used it and got organ problems from it (like kidney, liver, gal-bladder). There is a reason it was taken off the market.
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    I took it about 5-6 years ago trying to lose 5-10lbs. It was a complete waste of money for me. It didn't do anything besides make my heart race, and gave me a bladder infection. I have a sensistive bladder so too much caffeine wrecks havoc on it.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    there's always meth...

Ahhhhh yes....the meth diet. Works great for losing weight, but you're teeth will fall out (also good for losing weight?) and you'll end up picking your face off. LOL!
    Hey! Your teeth and face weigh something, so you will lose that weight when they come off!
    :)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer that diet pills are evil. They are so bad for your body.

When you stop taking them people tend to gain the weight back. They are full of warnings of possible side effects.

The best way to get energy to work out, is to start working out and to eat healthy. If you really do want to use an energy supplement, then I would go to Whole Foods and get an all natural, organic, whole food supplement.

God bless!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yeah I actually do take a B vitamin supplement along with a multi vitamin. The B does nothing for me. I'm super tired all the time! Maybe I'm not getting enough B?
  • domesticgypsie
    domesticgypsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losing is a lifestyle change. I don't use or do anything that I don't plan on doing for the rest of my life. Dietary supplements are a racket really.
    Usually I deal with motivation, not energy, when it comes to working out. Oddly enough, I do get more energetic when I stay on a regular exercise schedule, and I turn into a slug if I don't.
    I'm recommending NOT using dietary supplements for weight loss, they take your money and prevent real change.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    How about you do this:

Send me the $40 per bottle you'd like to purchase and I'll do the same thing for you as the diet pills do: nothing.