Options
I have only been a member for 3 days now. I need some buddies to help keep me motivated! I am recently divorced with 4 children and a brand new grand daughter. I am a people pleaser, problem is that I have been pleasing everyone but myself. Now I am on my own and it is time to focus on me. Only 1 major problem, how do I do that???

Replies

• Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Deb,
    I've been doing this for almost two weeks now, and I have lost 4 pounds!
    Honestly, I just keep a tab open for this website all day. It's a constant reminder of what I'm doing. It helps me remember that I'm focusing on losing weight while I'm choosing what to eat. I've tried over and over again to lose weight, and nothing kept me motivated. But just this website alone, without any friends on here, really helped me.
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    Hi Deb, welcome and all I can say is I have been where you are but without the grandchild and I have 2 children ...... it may seem difficult and daunting at first being on your own and a single mom but it really does get easier along the way....just try to start off by taking 1 hour for yourself each day....my "me" time is after I put the kids to bed every night I just go to bed with a good book and relax and unwind.....once you get to the point where you make a routine in your life to fit in everything, you will feel truly accomplished and the best part is you can see what an awesome job you are doing and you did it all on your own.....good luck and try and log onto this site every day as the "family" here always gives great advice and support.....YOU CAN DO THIS........feel free to add me as a friend if you want.....check out my profile message, I too am that "people pleaser"......

Lee-Ann
  • Darcie1970
    Options
    hey Deb ,

wow! your story sounds familiar!! So maybe we can be motivation for each other!! Welcome aboard , and have a great day!!
    Darcie
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    one step at a time girl and your already walking the path.Welcome to MFP.