To drink coffee or not to drink coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    sorry, coffee snob and a caffeine junkie here. No coffee would mean a death some where by my needing a caffeine fix hands, lol!

Yes!!! Me too!!!!!!!! Love my morning coffee!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You can have my coffee cup when you pry it out of my dead lifeless hands. I've given up cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, pot, sex (wife's idea). No freakin' way am I giving up coffee. You might as well shoot me.

LOL too funny:))
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has been inspiring me to try and get fit he said coffee is really bad besides the caffine it has I forget what type of acid he said but it opens up your muscles and makes them retain to much water. Is it really worth not having it?!!!

Could you be so good as to cite one or more medical studies to back this up?

Personally, I rarely rely on "friends" as being a source of reliable information. That's not a knock on my friends and that's not a knock on people here in Southern California (though that could be a serious discussion). No, over the past few decades, I've seen that most people have absolutely no clue about anything having to do with nutrition.

If you were able to cite research papers on this topic that would be great. If not, well, this is just another posting on the internet by some nice person whose friend told her…
  • pro2know
    pro2know Posts: 19
    Options
    434 calories 86 carbs 12 fat 9 protein in the green drink mix
  • Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Coffee has been found to prevent "Triple Negative" Breast Cancer. The prevention was found in women who drank 2 or more cups a day. It doesn't prevent Estrogren Postive Breast Cancer but the Triple Negative type which is a more lethal type of cancer. It was a very large study and if you can google it.
  • Brandi_Lei
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No, over the past few decades, I've seen that most people have absolutely no clue about anything having to do with nutrition.

If you were able to cite research papers on this topic that would be great. If not, well, this is just another posting on the internet by some nice person whose friend told her…

I completely agree with that first sentence. It is shocking to me how little most people seem to know about nutrition. And it's really so easy!

But I disagree with the second. Research papers are rarely of any use to the general public. I actually think they are why most people are so confused about nutrition. Results of a new study get released, the media picks it up and gives it a snappy headline and quotes the "findings" as if they are fact. The general public would not read an entire study and if they did it would be much to clinical for most to understand. They would read the synopsis of results and think that was all there is to it. It's as dangerous as getting health and nutrition information from a film or a blog.

It's really better to consult professionals (certified doctors or dieticians) or rely on trusted medical organizations for nutrition information. And use common sense.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    You can have my coffee cup when you pry it out of my dead lifeless hands. I've given up cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, pot, sex (wife's idea). No freakin' way am I giving up coffee. You might as well shoot me.

is your wife mad at you?