Beauty Secrets

Options
I thought it would be fun to share some beauty tips on here(guys are welcome to) I'll start

Shampoo is meant for your scalp rather than your hair, and conditioner is ment for your hair rather than your scalp.

Its better to condition your hair in cold water because it spreads the oils in your hair more evenly and results in a better shine.

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    wow thats awsome! :D
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I use a gentle scrub on my face and then after thoroughly rinsing my face, I apply vitamin e oil and then jump in the shower and afterwards my skin is soft and glowing. Many people think I am 10-15 years younger than I really am!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    bump. i will share later.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    toothpaste reduces redness in pimples, but you have to get the paste, not the gel.
    also, lemon juice is a good natural dark mark lightener, ( for pimple marks )
    apples are a good natural teeth whitener
  • MissJenova
    MissJenova Posts: 258
    Options
    Vitamin E is GREAT for your skin! I use this Vitamin E Stick from Walmart (it's around $1 in the Vitamin Section). It looks like a chapstick, but I use it on my undereyes before bed. I will also use it on areas of my face that are current trouble spots and it helps as well.
    Your body is in repair mode while you sleep, so that is the best time to pile on the nutrients!
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    I need a new toner/clesners! Ive been using 'simple' Ive noticed that starting to have oily skin :grumble:
    Any1 suggest any others? And what does bump stand for? :embarassed:
    Saw it a few times on peoples message boards.
    Many thanks Jade :)
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    Vitamin E is GREAT for your skin! I use this Vitamin E Stick from Walmart (it's around $1 in the Vitamin Section). It looks like a chapstick, but I use it on my undereyes before bed. I will also use it on areas of my face that are current trouble spots and it helps as well.
    Your body is in repair mode while you sleep, so that is the best time to pile on the nutrients!

does this help with dark circles/bags under your eyes? this is a HUGE prob for me in the morning, i may have to try this!
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    I need a new toner/clesners! Ive been using 'simple' Ive noticed that starting to have oily skin :grumble:

I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash and L'Oreal's Go 360 Clean. I also have St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub. I'm almost done with the Neutrogena, it's OK, but not the best.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

it's what people use to make sure this thread stays at the top for more replies/further reading /or to put on their topics for later
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I scrub my face with baking soda after working out, then occasionally an olive oil, vitamin e oil, sugar, salt, and peppermint scrub. It keeps my skin clean and smooth.

I've eschewed shampoo and conditioner. For about a year I've used a water/baking soda rubbed into my scalp, then rinse. Then I rinse with diluted apple cider vinegar. I haven't had dandruff since I've been doing this and I used to have it badly. My hair is very sleek and soft (I sound like a commercial!) and I know it sounds weird to alot of people, but doing this routine means I don't strip my hair of it's natural oils, but I get rid of excess and I feel clean.

I don't know if anyone else has gauged ears, I have mine at 5/8 of an inch, but I also clean them with baking soda which gets rid of the dead skin.

No, I don't sell baking soda for a living. :P
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash and L'Oreal's Go 360 Clean. I also have St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub. I'm almost done with the Neutrogena, it's OK, but not the best.

i have extremely sensitive skin and the only thing that works is proactiv but even so, if i eat too much chocolate/drink too much pop my face will break out again
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options

does this help with dark circles/bags under your eyes? this is a HUGE prob for me in the morning, i may have to try this!

potato pillings works for dark circles under eyes.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I use Obagi foaming cleanser. I love it! It removes all my makeup and leaves my face feeling awesome!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    I scrub my face with baking soda after working out, then occasionally an olive oil, vitamin e oil, sugar, salt, and peppermint scrub. It keeps my skin clean and smooth.

I've eschewed shampoo and conditioner. For about a year I've used a water/baking soda rubbed into my scalp, then rinse. Then I rinse with diluted apple cider vinegar. I haven't had dandruff since I've been doing this and I used to have it badly. My hair is very sleek and soft (I sound like a commercial!) and I know it sounds weird to alot of people, but doing this routine means I don't strip my hair of it's natural oils, but I get rid of excess and I feel clean.

I don't know if anyone else has gauged ears, I have mine at 5/8 of an inch, but I also clean them with baking soda which gets rid of the dead skin.

No, I don't sell baking soda for a living. :P

LOL that's cute:) i agree on the apple cider vinegar, when i had dreadlocks i would to a rinse with it once a month and it would completely strip my hair of leftover residue from the locking cream i would use on my hair
  • wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    bump
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Well I like to think it helped with mine. It is so moisturizing and honestly I feel like my eyes look very refreshed the next morning. I would give it a go and see if it works for you, because I do feel that it works a bit for me!
    I don't know if Vitamin E is known for releaving dark circles.
    If you look at a computer screen during the day, make sure to look away for a few minutes every hour. This can reduce undereye circles caused by straining your eyes.
    Also use with a plain black tea bag (caffinated) on your eyes to reduce them as well.
    And as I'm sure you can guess, keep your undereyes moisturized and be EXTREMELY delicate with that area. A nice thick eye cream applied with your ring finger will allow for gentle application and moisturization.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    MY CLEAR SKIN SECRET:

Instructions:

1. Take 3 - 4 uncoated aspirin pills and sprinkle a little water on them until they start to dissolve. (asprin should be mushy and grainy)

3. Squirt 2-3 drops of honey on the water & aspirin. Use your fingers to mix them all together into a grainy paste.

4. Apply the mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area and leave it on for about 10-15 mins.

6. Add some warm water to your face with your hands & scrub gently for a few minutes.

7. Finally, rinse off completely & use your favorite toner & moisturizer.

It works because aspirin contains salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid that helps to slough off dead cells and clear clogged pores and reduce production of skin oil. (fights acne.) This mask uses aspirin's skin-clearing abilities as well as honey's moisturizing effect.
  • MissJenova
    Options

Well I like to think it helped with mine. It is so moisturizing and honestly I feel like my eyes look very refreshed the next morning. I would give it a go and see if it works for you, because I do feel that it works a bit for me!
    I don't know if Vitamin E is known for releaving dark circles.
    If you look at a computer screen during the day, make sure to look away for a few minutes every hour. This can reduce undereye circles caused by straining your eyes.
    Also use with a plain black tea bag (caffinated) on your eyes to reduce them as well.
    And as I'm sure you can guess, keep your undereyes moisturized and be EXTREMELY delicate with that area. A nice thick eye cream applied with your ring finger will allow for gentle application and moisturization.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have trouble finding a make-up remover that works (like me), I finally found one! I love Signature A Meltdown cream. Best stuff ever!!!! Takes off even my most stubborn, primed, and waterproof make-up. :D

Edit: The cream comes in a ton of smell varieties too!!! :D My face always smells so good when I take my make-up off! LOL
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    i use vaseline as an eye-makeup remover, works wonders on waterproof eyeliner and mascara