I did it when everyone told me it was pointless!

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
I have shared the fact that I'm trying to lose weight with people. Most of the comments I have gotten is that it's pointless to try to during the holidays. Well, I did it! I made my Christmas goal of 139.3 pounds! So to all those that say it's pointless to try and are waiting til Jan...what is the point in waiting another day?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have shared the fact that I'm trying to lose weight with people. Most of the comments I have gotten is that it's pointless to try to during the holidays. Well, I did it! I made my Christmas goal of 139.3 pounds! So to all those that say it's pointless to try and are waiting til Jan...what is the point in waiting another day?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it is pointless to try! I know if someone really wants something they have to go for it and just do it! I am happy for you!! You have done great!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

It's not pointless at all! I got through the holidays last year (right after starting my weight-loss) and lost also!! I think I read somewhere that the average person gains around 5-7 lbs from Thanksgiving to New Years.........and I lost like 15 lbs in that time last year!! LOL!

You can do anything you put your mind to and The Holidays don't have to be JUST about food!! hehehe!!!

Excellent job girl!!!

-Tami
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    You don't know how many times I have heard people say that. And most of the time, they say they will start in January, and then they never do. I figure the holidays is the best time to start. That way you can loose weight during that time, instead of gaining. You're right... why put this off until another day?!

108855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    great job! Those that are waiting until Jan to start, will find another excuse to put it off!!! Or won't stay on the wagon for long! Keep up the good work!!!:drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I agree darlin. For me it's like, do I stop brushing my teeth because it's a holiday?? Nope, and neither am I going to change my "new-formed" eating habits:flowerforyou: denise
  • laine23
    Options
    Yeah, why would it be pointless??? it's pointless when u do it with a looser state of mind..." oh I'm gonna try but it's gonna be so hard and I might as well indulge myself"
    No u did it like a winner and ... good job to u
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!