Haven't lost weight in two months. :(

Options
So I checked... I haven't lost any weight since late June, though I've been on plan this whole time. I drink tons of water, I try to watch my sodium--I've had a Bodymedia since the beginning of August and it consistently says I burn about 2,200 calories a day, just during my work day--so I usually am eating with at least a 400-700 calorie deficit everyday, but I am just not losing. I do some free weights, I jog on my mini-trampoline(rebounding), I walk. I always keep track of how much the armband says I'm burning and how much I'm eating though so I stay on track and don't either burn or eat too much/too little.

I have a range of about 4 lbs that I gain and lose repeatedly. I mean, how it possible to consistently have a deficit and just not lose? I don't starve myself and I don't "pig out" either. I eat anywhere from 1500-2200 per day(with the high number being planned maintenance days to help my metabolism.

I even did a two week period of eating at maintenance to balance out my hormones, eating anywhere from 2100-2400 calories a day and I maintained just fine on that and didn't gain.

I wish I knew the problem! lol

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    do you measure? maybe you've lost inches.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I can be very frustrating but are you eating at least 1200 net calories a day? I know if you burn a lot of calories sometimes it's hard to eat that much but your body might be in starvation mode holding on to every single pound!! Can't check out your diary, it isn't open but my thoughts are you aren't eating enough.
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your thyroid checked?
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, but try dropping your carbs to 50-75g per day for a couple weeks. I pretty much guarantee you'll see some weight loss.
  • indienzo
    Options
    I would not worry about it. You might maybe concentrating/stressing too much about it. Stress can be nasty.

I went through this also, a couple of month without loosing any weight.
    This is not un-usual, you are at the "plateau" phase and you will lose weight again.

Be sure you eat your daily calory needed tho. Straving yourself is not the solution.

Good luck!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are working yourself TOO hard and possibly not getting enough sleep? This happened to me in the month of July with 30 day shred every day + other exercises.

Do some research on Anabolic vs Catabolic states. It's not always best to exercize 6-7 days a week.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. You feel like you are doing everything right, but nothing is changing like it should! Here's a topic I started on it yesterday: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/326923-plateau-or-am-i-expecting-too-much

Even though I increased my calories and ate back most of my exercise calories, it hasn't been enough. I'm almost 95% sure that is my problem now. I ate much more than usual yesterday and I feel great today (and i might have actually lost 0.2lbs, still going to wait to see if it comes back though :smile: ). You have to convince your body by feeding it that it is okay to use those fat stores up now that you are close to a healthy weight.

I'd like to bring light to the activity level issue too. I think I underestimated and many other do as well, how much activity level you actually do. BMR is energy to pretty much be in a coma. Daily need goes up every time you get up to pee, cook, walk the dog, change the baby's diaper, etc...
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bump. So you ARE eating enough infact if you're like me i lived on 1200 calories for 3 weeks and nothing moved up to 1500 calories for 3 weeks and this last 2 weeks i've been up and down to even over 2000 and havent dropped a pound but as i've not gained a pound either and i exercise 4 times a week (which i refuse to change to more as it's more than enough!)SGo the solution? To keep eating? As these last 2 weeks trying to eat much more i'm finding i'm leaning towards unhealthy to up my calorie count :\ It's frustrating i know but i have noticed a big difference on my body and so have my family saying my shape is changing and TELLING me i've lost weight and i havent but the inches have moved so i have lost fat..Goodluck, dnt give up as i'm not i just keep saying i'll up the calories and then when i gain a pound i'll lower them which i'm more comfortable with and the extra weight should come with them<< Looks good it better flipping work lol...You will see that change too especially when you know ur exercising and eating pretty good xx