Having trouble staying on track!

Options
I'm normally solid as steel, but the past 2 weeks have been terrible.
First, we did 12 days of Christmas at work, so for 12 straight days people brought in goodies to share and I didn't resist!
Second, last weekend was my wedding anniversary so we went out to eat a a fancy and delicious restaruant, and we had many many drinks after that.
Third, we've had 4 birthday parties to go to in the past 2 weeks.
Fourth, went to a Christmas party on Sat night and I had food & drinks.
FINALLY, and this is the kicker, MY GYM IS CLOSED ALL WEEK Wah wah WAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Help me. Heeeeeeelllllllp me. I've gained about 5lbs that I WORKED my A off to lose the first time! WAAAAAAAAAH:sad:

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm normally solid as steel, but the past 2 weeks have been terrible.
    First, we did 12 days of Christmas at work, so for 12 straight days people brought in goodies to share and I didn't resist!
    Second, last weekend was my wedding anniversary so we went out to eat a a fancy and delicious restaruant, and we had many many drinks after that.
    Third, we've had 4 birthday parties to go to in the past 2 weeks.
    Fourth, went to a Christmas party on Sat night and I had food & drinks.
    FINALLY, and this is the kicker, MY GYM IS CLOSED ALL WEEK Wah wah WAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Help me. Heeeeeeelllllllp me. I've gained about 5lbs that I WORKED my A off to lose the first time! WAAAAAAAAAH:sad:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    HI:

It is the holidays. Enjoy yourself for now and start fresh after 12/25/08. Be mindful of your intake but don't deny yourself a small portion of a treat. Good luck and happy holidays
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I share your pain! I've gotten way off track myself. Unfortunately, I've been off track off and on for about 3 months!!!! To top it all off I've gained almost 15 pounds since May!!! They say there is the "Freshman 15" when you go to college... but what about the "post graduation pounds"? I never gained weight in college and now it's creeping up on me! HELP!!! I need to get back on track too and the holidays makes it SO HARD. So, you're not a lone my friend. Keep venting the frustrations because many of us feel the same way you do. Good luck.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Here's my thing- I did not lose this weight to gain it back. I want to lose more, not the same lbs! I'm trying to right the ship asap!
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat with you all. I have been fighting the same 5 lbs for about 2 months now. I got to a spot and couldnt lose anymore then finally lost 5 lbs down and ever since Thanksgiving have gained and lost that same 5 lbs I think twice. I try everyday to be good and then something happens that messes it up. I am so fustrated but Im still trucking right along. Everyday I wake up I say today is going to be a good day and I try. If anything I guess I can say Im maintaining within 5 lbs over the holidays.

We all just need to focus and if anything just maintain until its all over.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Normally cookies don't do a thing for me but this time of year I can't walk past one without eating it. I don't weigh myself until after NY's and I work-out for an extra half hour every day to combat the festive treats. Enjoy, and good luck.
  • laine23
    Options
    I know what u mean last week has be hard for me too!
    but today, I ate lots of proteins and went for two hours of fitness I felt great!
    I'm gonna try to work out for 7 hours this week instead of 5 usually so I won't feel bad about Xmas dinner and last week's parties and alcohol binge!
    act now!! this is the best u can do for urself. U're not a failure cuz u didn't resist but next time, try and resist and u'll see that u'll be so proud of u!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Normally cookies don't do a thing for me but this time of year I can't walk past one without eating it.

This describes me as well...at my work we have homemade peanut butter fudge, assorted chocolates, and homemade cookies...we had store bought cookies in the closet for months that I never touched, but these days I'm averaging one to two treats at least per day...then on Saturday night I went to church and was given chocolate fudge, homemade cookies, and homemade banana bread...I love this time of year, but it makes eating healthily nearly impossible since everyone and their brother shows appreciation through food...I try to keep up with the calories but it's not working...and I'm feeling run down and terrible because I am surviving mainly on sugar right now...I eat much less when I indulge in cookies and treats, so the other day, all I ate was a granola bar, a salad, and a Lean Cuisine meal and cookies...it's madness! Christmas needs to get here so the treats will go away!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It's worse when your making the cookies and candy. I snacked on sweets all day long yesterday. (2 batches of ruined divinity and caramels, but the cookies came out great) Then to top it all off, were building a custom loft bed f and remodeling my oldest son's bedroom, so NO workout time for me this week!

Just like some of you five pounds off, five pounds back on!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe how hard it is to lose. I only have 20 some to hit my goal but I don't work any less hard at it than others it sounds. I am really hitting the "bottle", water bottle that is and drinking half my weight in water like fitness chick does. I am still bulging out of my jeans and shirts, yuck, but when I reach my goal, I will not go back I don't think, not after changing my lifestyle. I walk 4.2 miles 6 days of the week but think that some upper body stuff would help also. I think I am going to focus more on weights and less on the scale. Muscle burns fat. I just feel there is only one way to go and that is "never give up" because the alternative is too awful. God bless and a very Merry Christmas to all:)

with much love, denise in Sams Valley OR

Im in the same boat with you all. I have been fighting the same 5 lbs for about 2 months now. I got to a spot and couldnt lose anymore then finally lost 5 lbs down and ever since Thanksgiving have gained and lost that same 5 lbs I think twice. I try everyday to be good and then something happens that messes it up. I am so fustrated but Im still trucking right along. Everyday I wake up I say today is going to be a good day and I try. If anything I guess I can say Im maintaining within 5 lbs over the holidays.

We all just need to focus and if anything just maintain until its all over.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I've been chowing sweets like mad! I can hardly wait till the end of these holidays so I can get it back together. Had only 11# to go, but now about 15# again. Here's the deal.... Jan. 2 we hit it hard, cut down on the carbs and exercise at LEAST 5X week. We'll call it "the RESOLUTION REINFORCERS". Start when you can if you want, but I'd like to see The "RR" motivating and doing well together! Cheers and Merry Chritmas. We'll focus on eating clean the stress free way-after the cookies are all gone!:drinker: (that's my water in the cups)
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    i went to savannah for a week in september. planned to be a good girl -- the hotel even had a gym!!! oh, for the best laid plans of mice, men and women trying to lose weight!!! Not only did i eat myself into a stupor there (and the food is ssssssooooooo good) i never saw the gym. And for three weeks after i came back i continued to eat and not go to the gym. I gained TEN POUNDS back, pushing my way into the 240's again, before i got ahold of myself and my control and started doing things the right way again! Now, 3 months later? Now im pushing the edge of 219. Do i regret it? Not a bit. I had an awesome time and it's all about the journey, not the destination. So forgive yourself, start keeping an eye on what you eat and get back on the treadmill as soon as you can. :flowerforyou: