Calling all Polar HRM users!

Options
I bought a Polar F11 about a month ago. The strap that came with it is the fabric strap. My question is...how do you guys wash this thing? The directions say to wash in the washing machine in hot water but not to spin dry. Do you just stop the washer before it starts to spin dry? So far I have been rinsing under extremely hot water and and drying with a towel.

Has anyone had any problems with theirs after washing in the washing machine? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Debbie

Replies

• debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar F11 about a month ago. The strap that came with it is the fabric strap. My question is...how do you guys wash this thing? The directions say to wash in the washing machine in hot water but not to spin dry. Do you just stop the washer before it starts to spin dry? So far I have been rinsing under extremely hot water and and drying with a towel.

Has anyone had any problems with theirs after washing in the washing machine? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Debbie
  • deamarie
    Options
    This is gross but I have never washed mine!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I stick is in the washer with my regular work out clothes, then flatten it out and let it air dry. I've done it too many times to count so far and it still works fine. Just need to readjust the band when I put it back on...but then again I'm one of those people who wash their bras in the washing machine too. Too lazy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

whispers quietly, "me either":blushing:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Nope. Me neither. :embarassed: :laugh:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i wash the elastic band in the machine.. but the receptor bit i do it by hand with dishsoap..

although i dont do it that often ..lol :sick:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I wash my strap in the machine. I always forget to take it out before the spin cycle, so yes it has gone through the spin cycle many times and it is still working for me.
  • BodyByCrayton
    Options
    "Body By Crayton"
    For over 20 years, Andre Crayton, has been one of the leading authorities in human performance and nutritional weight-loss. Starring nationally on ESPN’s “American Muscle”, Fox59 Overtime, (Gary Mendelow), The Indianapolis Recorder on Air “Hosted by Carolene Mayes and Connie Gaines”, WAV53 Indianapolis, Channel 13 WTHR “Hosted by Dave Calabro, reporter Chris Stoute and the Dave’s Team Club Member, Real Women “Hosted by WTPI’s Kelly Vaughn”, Sports Corner WAV53 Indianapolis “Hosted by Jennifer Coffman”, Sports Extra WALB10 Albany,Ga., TBN’s Public Report Channel 42 Greenwood, Indiana “ Hosted by Kathy Nikou and Barbara Presutti”, WTLC Radio Indianapolis Breakfast Club “Hosted by Guy Black and Linda Clemons”, The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper (freelance writer), also featured in Muscle Magazine International, National Physique Committee Magazine, and Indianapolis Recorder Weekly.

Andre is a graduate of Albany State University with a BS in Kinesiology with distinction, major in Exercise Science, and minor in Psychology. Andre was awarded Indiana’s Personal Trainer of the Year 1993-1998. He is also a National Physique Bodybuilding and Fitness Judge.

As a former teacher of physical education, Andre taught at St.Francis DeSales catholic School in Cincinnati, Ohio and John Marshall High School in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was an Assistant Girl Track and Field Coach.
    Earlier in his career, Andre was Georgia Track and Field Champion, a Semi Professional Football Player, Academic All-American, and 1984 Olympic track and field Candidate 800m, 1 mile.

Andre became involved in bodybuilding in 1986 where he won many awards including: 1990 Musclemania, BW Division; 1990-1997 Mr. Indiana, BW & LW Division, Mr. Indianapolis BW & LW Division; Natural Indiana Champion; placed in top 10 at Nationals and Jr. and IFBB North America; Pro World Bodybuilding Championships and a host of numberous awards and titles.

Established in 1990, Body Double Fitness has been providing one-on-one and group personalized weight-loss, general body toning, fitness training and nutritional requirements for both men and women, in addition to our young adult and senior community. Body Double's personalized training, combined with our nutritional programs can make a difference in your weight-loss and basic fitness requirements.

Body Double has built a solid reputation with our unparalleled client and support services. Our health and fitness assets are all the components needed to succeed in the fitness industry.

Body Double Fitness has no magic potions, just great fitness, nutrition, and one-on-one personalized training, which will let us provide new and old clients with an enjoyable and effective one-on-one personalized training experience.

We appreciate the opportunity to show you how we can make a difference in your life by allowing us to guide you to a better body, one month at a time.
    andrecrayton@yahoo.com
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Same here. I just rinse it out in the shower with plain old water after I work out, and hang to dry.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I just wash mine with bodywash when I am in the shower and let it hang over the curtain rod to dry.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:huh: :blushing:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options

:huh: :blushing:

Points for honesty. Santa will be proud. He knows if you've been bad or good. :laugh:
  • Lonnie_Clark
    Options
    Wash it in your lingerie bag on delicate!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess for now I'll just keep rinsing mine after every use and maybe once a month or so I'll throw it in the wash. I just don't want to mess it up by washing too much or not washing enough because I'd be lost without it now!

Thanks again...you're all great!