Where to eat?

Options
lazatin
lazatin Posts: 452 Member
Every year before I go back to work at school my mom and I go out to eat for lunch. On Monday we are doing this little ritual and I can pick where I want to go. Its not a big town but does have fast food and sit down choices. Not sure what to pick? I usually look up ahead of time if we are going out or if it is a place we frequent i already have my go to meal. Any suggestions of where to go and what would be a good choice?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would say a steakhouse. You could get a steak with some veggies and a sweet potato. Yum!
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If there is a Chic-fil-a around you, I'd say go there! They have a lot of low calorie choices. My personal favorite is the chargrilled chicken sandwich (coming in at around 270 cal). They also have sides of soup and fruit cups. I just absolutely love that place lol. On days when I crave fast food, that is the first place I go.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That really depends on where you do live! I found an Eat and Park about an hour or so from us and I love their light menu!! A nice hardy chicken taco salad for 409 cals and that includes the shell! :) YUM....
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Again it depends on where u live. Where I live, i'd say a mexican seafood place. You can get some ceviche or some foil-baked fish with veggies.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    What are your choices
  • lazatin
    Options
    Well, i live in Minnesota and there are none of those places close by. Although i think I would really like to find that Chick-fil-a...everybody talk about that place on here.
    Typial fast food would be Burger King, Mcdonalds, Taco Johns (so bad for you), Subway, Hardee's,

Sit-down-Perkins, Applebees, Authentic Mexican Food,

Cafe style-Lamplighter, Kaiserhoff, George's Steakhouse, Chinese Buffet, Holiday Inn German Restaurant, Pizza Ranch, Happy Joe's Pizza,

those are the places I can pretty much choose from.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    NOT PERKINS!!!! LOL
  • lazatin
    Options
    NOT PERKINS!!!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:noway:
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I find it hard too. when I eat out I try to make good choices but then when I log them I go "oh no!". So I'm thinking that if I eat out (which is less often now.) then maybe I'll eat half of what is on my plate and composate later with fruits and veggies when I get home.
    Also if you choose the salad at a place like McD's toss out the dressing. It has more sugar/fat/calories than some of their burgers.

I'm new at this we will see if it works for me.