am i still "sedentary"?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This has been the most informational post I have read all day. Thanks so much for the question and the great explanation/answers!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I always underestimate. Since I am a college student and I walk to all my classes, which is about a 10-15 minute walk to each one, I would be considered 'lightly active' BUT not all bodies are the same, and just to be safe I put it as sedentary.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bahahaha... such conflicting information ..i'll stick with sendentary and i'll also eat back my exercise calories as i plan to be able to live this life style forever and i'm thinking that 1200 calories a day and burning 400-500 additional calories would leave me feeling pretty crappy... thanks to everyone :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    bahahaha... such conflicting information ..i'll stick with sendentary and i'll also eat back my exercise calories as i plan to be able to live this life style forever and i'm thinking that 1200 calories a day and burning 400-500 additional calories would leave me feeling pretty crappy... thanks to everyone :)

Sounds like you've got the right idea, good luck :drinker:
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Lol, the last month I hit both extremes--not eating exercise calories when I was at 1200, and then upping activity level and eating exercise calories. Both strategies have me maintaining. I have a hunch that I should be somewhere in the middle--eating a little above 1200 with exercise calories. Weight loss is always going to be trial and error!

Hang in there!