Is this an NSV? :)

Options
kgesq
kgesq Posts: 65 Member
So the weight I'm trying to lose is baby weight, insidious thing that it is. Basically, until recently I still looked about 6 months pg, even though I'm almost a year and a half post partum. It was so bad that not only would people outright ask if I was havng another baby, but I live in NYC and take the subway, and people, eying my belly would offer up seats .At the very least, I always saw people on the subway looking at my belly with that kind of "is she or isn't she?" look on their face, trying to decide if they needed to be good samaritans. I actually felt bad, both for myself, and for them for thinking they needed to help me out.

WelI can safely say that in the past two weeks that no one has even halfway acted like they want to give me a seat. The New York subway riders are now just as rude to me as they are to any other non-pregnant person on the train! Woo HOO!

(P.S. I just joined MFP a couple of weeks ago, but I've been counting calories for about a month, so this is about a 7 lb weight loss + exercise, not the 2 lbs you see on my ticker!)

Replies

• GooneyAngel
    Options
    YES!!! That is an NSV!!! Congratulations!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV! Congrats!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, in a back handed sort of way - I'm guessing it would be nice to have someone offer you a seat anyway!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

(P.S. I just joined MFP a couple of weeks ago, but I've been counting calories for about a month, so this is about a 7 lb weight loss + exercise, not the 2 lbs you see on my ticker!)

that's awesome about the Subway.

regarding your actual start weight, you can adjust your signature to reflect that. As you will see from my signature, I started my new lifestyle in Jan 2011 and noted that even though I started MFP late July 2011. You can add something similar.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is an NSV. Way to go!

You can also go into your check-in screen ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit ) and add a starting weight prior to when you started with MFP. I did that and I love that it reflects the full amount I've lost this time around.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Yes ma'am sounds like an NSV to me. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Definite NSV. Although it sucks that people are so rude. Men should always give up their seat for a female.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Total NSV! Good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV - congratulations :)
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Of course it is!! Congrats!!
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is an NSV. Way to go!

You can also go into your check-in screen ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit ) and add a starting weight prior to when you started with MFP. I did that and I love that it reflects the full amount I've lost this time around.

Thanks for the tip! I'll correct that right away! And yes, I agree that men should give up seats for ladies, but I'm southern girl...and this is NYC! LOL
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!