Biggest loser cardio max

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories are burned doing this dvd? I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer. I am on week 1 which ids 30 mins, including warm up and cool down. Thank you in advance.:bigsmile:

Replies

• jerzee11
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories are burned doing this dvd? I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer. I am on week 1 which ids 30 mins, including warm up and cool down. Thank you in advance.:bigsmile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories are burned but I did this DVD 2 days ago for the first time and I can hardly walk from all the lunges and squats! My legs are majorly sore. How did you do with it? I put in 20 minutes of cardio on here on our exercise report. I wasn't too sure what to put. I would love to know myself! Good luck!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 230 calories for part 1. Sometimes a little more. I've found no matter what I'm doing I burn about 10 calories/min. I definitely recommend getting a HRM it really helped me get an exact count for my calories so I wasn't eating more exercise cals than I was actually supposed to!
  • BodyByCrayton
    Options
    "Body By Crayton"
    For over 20 years,Andre Crayton has been one of the leading authorities in human performance and nutritional weight-loss. Starring nationally on ESPN’s “American Muscle”, Fox59 Overtime, (Gary Mendelow), The Indianapolis Recorder on Air “Hosted by Carolene Mayes and Connie Gaines”, WAV53 Indianapolis, Channel 13 WTHR “Hosted by Dave Calabro, reporter Chris Stoute and the Dave’s Team Club Member, Real Women “Hosted by WTPI’s Kelly Vaughn”, Sports Corner WAV53 Indianapolis “Hosted by Jennifer Coffman”, Sports Extra WALB10 Albany,Ga., TBN’s Public Report Channel 42 Greenwood, Indiana “ Hosted by Kathy Nikou and Barbara Presutti”, WTLC Radio Indianapolis Breakfast Club “Hosted by Guy Black and Linda Clemons”, The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper (freelance writer), also featured in Muscle Magazine International, National Physique Committee Magazine, and Indianapolis Recorder Weekly.

Andre is a graduate of Albany State University with a BS in Kinesiology with distinction, major in Exercise Science, and minor in Psychology. Andre was awarded Indiana’s Personal Trainer of the Year 1993-1998. He is also a National Physique Bodybuilding and Fitness Judge.

As a former teacher of physical education, Andre taught at St.Francis DeSales catholic School in Cincinnati, Ohio and John Marshall High School in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was an Assistant Girl Track and Field Coach.
    Earlier in his career, Andre was Georgia Track and Field Champion, a Semi Professional Football Player, Academic All-American, and 1984 Olympic track and field Candidate 800m, 1 mile.

Andre became involved in bodybuilding in 1986 where he won many awards including: 1990 Musclemania, BW Division; 1990-1997 Mr. Indiana, BW & LW Division, Mr. Indianapolis BW & LW Division; Natural Indiana Champion; placed in top 10 at Nationals and Jr. and IFBB North America; Pro World Bodybuilding Championships and a host of numberous awards and titles.
    crayton_andre@yahoo.com
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I usually burn about 230 calories for part 1. Sometimes a little more. I've found no matter what I'm doing I burn about 10 calories/min. I definitely recommend getting a HRM it really helped me get an exact count for my calories so I wasn't eating more exercise cals than I was actually supposed to!
    I'm new at this what is an HRM? What does it do and how does it help?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories are burned but I did this DVD 2 days ago for the first time and I can hardly walk from all the lunges and squats! My legs are majorly sore. How did you do with it? I put in 20 minutes of cardio on here on our exercise report. I wasn't too sure what to put. I would love to know myself! Good luck!

The first time I tried it I got through 15 minutes (5 were warm up) and the next day I felt like I was going to die...I was sore for 4 days after that and the only thing that finally made it go away was soaking in the jacuzzi when I went to the spa...
  • jerzee11
    Options
    I use to so it when I first started losing weight almost 1 year ago, but I had surgery back in May so I kinda slacked on doing the dvd and resorted to walking. Well I did it yesterday and OMG! I am sore, my legs, bottom and shoulders...I was going get up and do the power sculping max dvd this morning but I just couldn't move..Maybe later today. Take care:bigsmile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I use to so it when I first started losing weight almost 1 year ago, but I had surgery back in May so I kinda slacked on doing the dvd and resorted to walking. Well I did it yesterday and OMG! I am sore, my legs, bottom and shoulders...I was going get up and do the power sculping max dvd this morning but I just couldn't move..Maybe later today. Take care:bigsmile:
    I also have the Power Sculpt dvd from the Biggest Loser. And I have another Biggest Loser workout dvd, and Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox which I haven't done yet. I watched (yes watched!) the Cardio Kickbox and it reminded me of Billy Blanks Tae Bo so I know I will like it. It took 2 days after the Cardio Max to get on the elliptical machine....sore sore sore. I love that feeling!!:bigsmile: :happy:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor. I have a Polar F6 that I love. You wear one part on your wrist and the other around your chest (some don't require a chest strap). It monitors your heart rate and tells you how many calories you are burning based on your weight/heart rate. Before I got one I was just estimating calories burned and, since I was eating my exercise calories, I was eating eating a few too many calories each day. Once I got a HRM I started losing weight more consistantly!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    thanks for answering my question!!! can I get one at any fitness store? I saw someone talking about a Polar F6 for women. Do I have to make sure it is for ladies? Thanks again for your wisdom! I'm still new here and trying to get my barings!
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the name entered in the exercise log? I can't seem to find it. If so , could you please share how to find it? thanks
  • slizzered
    slizzered Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think in general you can enter it as "aerobics". :)
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I have this one and the strength training one with Jillian, Jillian:grumble:, don't know how people can work out with her, I'd be crying! Anywho, I use an HRM, that's the only accurate way you know what you are burning, GREAT investment!
  • ashtheginger
    ashtheginger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep you from being sore, make sure that you don't do the same workout everyday. Especially things that work specific muscles like power sculpt. I rotate through power sculpt, walking, and biking. Just make sure that you aren't doing the same thing or you can seriously overwork your muscles and strain something.
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just got an HRM and here's what I got:

I'm 5 '4, 138 lbs and I burned 356 calories doing the warm up (5mins), level 1 (20 mins), level 2 (10mins) and stretching on my own.

All together my HRM said 41 minutes and 356. Just a guide for someone who may be my size.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome workout!:bigsmile:
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    I really like the 30 day shred, but yea, don't do it every day..I think 3x a week is ideal with cardio on the "off" days..I havent gotten sore yet as long as you do her stretching afterwards...I just ordered a HRM so I can measure how many calories I burn during it..very curious! :)
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hell i couldnt even get through 12 mins i hope i do better next time!
  • Alyxea
    Alyxea Posts: 1
    Options
    Great work out. I did it for the first time yesterday. I do not have a HRM so im not sure yet how much i burned but i did the whole start to finish. I cringed when i seen Jillian. Im sooooo Sore today. Good luck everyone.
  • happystrong
    Options
    I just got an HRM and here's what I got:

I'm 5 '4, 138 lbs and I burned 356 calories doing the warm up (5mins), level 1 (20 mins), level 2 (10mins) and stretching on my own.

All together my HRM said 41 minutes and 356. Just a guide for someone who may be my size.

THANK YOU! I'm exactly your size and I was struggling with how to log this. I appreciate you being so specific! :)